Food poisoning

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Glad he got in to see the doc right away.  I hope it's short-lived!

Your ordeal sounds awful, catspaw66 and lucky that you got yourself to the hospital!

Sending healthy vibes to everybody 
  (as I lay here in bed, missing work because of an awful cold!) 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks everybody. But I waited too long. I knew it was serious when I sat down on the toilet, and woke up in the bathtub facing the complete opposite way.

kathyfromcanada

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had this one weekend after KFC. Bruce ate it too, but he doesn't eat the skin like I do. The worst 48 hours of my life. I was only 21 at the time and almost croaked! Same symptoms. Probably salmonella. Exactly one hour after eating. Didn't KFC for 10 years after that. Hope Rick is feeling real better soon.

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Glad it was a bug and not food poisoning, and that he saw the doctor immediately. Hope he gets better quickly and sending healthy vibes to everyone 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I wondered about meningitis, too. I was wondering about a lot of things. 

Anyway, he went back to work today, against my opinion. I think he should have taken one more day off, just to rest. But he was adamant, so I suggested that if he can't stay all day to please come back home. We went for groceries last night, too, and he swears that being out in the cold air actually helped his headache a bit. He seemed to sleep more comfortably last night, too; I know I did, so I know he wasn't up and down all night long or tossing and turning. He weighed himself this morning.....lost 5.5 pounds since Saturday morning. That's not really good because Rick is not that heavy at all. 

He's going to be OK. 

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to read this...glad he's feeling better! I agree with you though that he should have stayed home another day.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My twin sister ate bad stuffing that had been cooked in the turkey, day after Thanksgiving. Food poisoning. Forty years later, and she still won't touch stuffing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't know you were a twin...that's pretty cool! 

Even though we've never gotten sick from eating stuffing in a bird, I stopped stuffing poultry a few years ago. I now make my stuffing in the crock pot. Just not taking any chances with it anymore. We've never gotten sick or anything, but I'm not going there. The first time I made it in the crock pot, my mother was appalled because "Stuffing goes into the bird!". And I told her "Stuffing is evil!". 
 (It's an old Alton Brown saying from his show on turkeys and stuffing.)

Rick feels fine this morning. He's still really tired, but he's eating OK and the headache is mostly gone....it's down to a really low roar now. I know he slept very well last night because I slept very well last night!