Food Places - Setups !

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Ls and Gs !
Im new in this forum and this is my first thread !

This is our food setup for our cat...

It's a "simple side table" isn't anything funcy but it's mostly from glass so i can clean it easily ! Our cat was loving to jump on it, so we convert it into her food table ! She likes to pet her when she is eating, also is the perfect moment to give her a quick brush on her coat ! Most of the times she calls me to to feed her and literally we almost running together towards THE table, or if im busy she waits my on the table until go there !

Share your setups, your thoughts and why... maybe we can give some inspiration for other members... !? Thanks !

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there!! Is this a new cat for you, and is it young? The only thing about setting up a table for your cat to eat on is whether or not it makes her interested in jumping up on other places that you don't want her to be on. You will have to be aware of whether or not she can decipher tables/etc. that she can be on vs. those that you don't want her on. Also, do not keep anything she shouldn't get into on that table, as she could become more curious and get into stuff she doesn't need to be in.

Set ups change over time, depending on all sorts of things/issues. So, you will have to weigh those out over time. Don't let her become too dependent on being petted or brushed while eating, as that could ultimately backfire on you if you should need to away and she expects to be petted or brushed to eat her food.

For now, what you have is working, but know that could change over time! Enjoy!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Betty in the living room which is actually our bedroom. Even before the pandemic, I had the brilliant idea to turn my one bedroom apartment inside out: the living room became the bedroom, and the bedroom into an office. I like feeding Betty outside of the kitchen so she doesn't associate the kitchen with food for her. But also, I like being able to see at a glance from bed, from a camera, or passing by on the way to the bathroom how she's doing on her meals. She usually takes a few passes to finish a plate.
IMG_9141.JPG

A hilarious yet accurate tour of my apartment.
IMG_8266.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi FeebysOwner FeebysOwner

We taking care on stray cats somewhere up to 10years, we had some of them that coming around the house, but this one is the first that we have in the house since was baby !
She is 8years and she is free to go outside any time she wants to, she hasn't any problem if she stays alone in the house she is very independent but of course she likes better our company, and of course jump or sleep on higher places and furniture in the house (never in the kitchen) !
When she is going out sometimes joins the other cats from a distance or she likes to be alone in the gardens, sometimes just sunbathing or walking around, but she also "protects" the house from other cats !
(I don't know if i missed any of you points... !?)

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a simple man with a simple food setup. Rubber mat on the floor. The only extra feature is a raised dish, because Willy is a puker and allowing him to eat with his head elevated prevents vomiting to some extent.

This is from before I switched him to wet food, and I also have a larger rubber mat than this one now. I love those things. They catch food that gets spilled, they keep the floor clean, and when they get dirty, you can just rinse them off with a little soapy water.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TARTARA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
daftcat75 daftcat75
Very nice !

Our cat too, she never eat it at once, she prefer small portions at the time !

Also when we are eating, she likes to come along to check out, some times just to smell it, but sometimes she eats too ! She never jumps around in the kitchen, she always waiting on the floor !

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We have two food stations for our cat, one in the kitchen and one in our bedroom. We have always had a food set up in our bedroom because the dog would eat downstairs and I liked to keep their food areas separate. Since the dog has passed away we have another food station for our cat in the kitchen. However, our cats past and present would all help themself to a drink from the dog's water bowl and he didn't mind. :biggrin:

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a table, my old desk, set up in my dining area in my apartment. I have both girls' microchip feeders (gray for Delilah, pink for Fancy) set up there. Right now there is the old kibble drop feeder that I have to remove (it's turned off) because both girls are on separate diets now and can't share kibble. I have metal tins for the kibble and treats, but I can't use treats now either because Delilah needs to lose weight, and Fancy is on rabbit only. My current fountain is on the floor by the kitchen counter but I'm going to invest in the microchip water bowl so I can better monitor their liquid intake. It's going to replace the drop feeder on the table.

On either side of the table I have my extra chairs, so the girls will jump on the chair to the table. Sometimes Fancy will sit on the chair waiting for her food - so cute but never when I have my phone ready! Since the table is by the window, they can also sit and look out at the patio. Everything is up on a table to save my back. Plus the drawer space is great for holding extra bowls, batteries for the feeders, mats, etc. 20230227_064233.jpg