Food obsessive cat not eating

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was probably the Petco site that says that pork fat molecules are bigger and will clog your pet's arteries. It's been discussed many times in many places and no one can find any study or proof to back this up. If this were true, why would pork be used in commercial pet foods?

If you're concerned about trichonosis, that hasn't been a problem in domestic pigs in the US in a long time.
I was just saying what i heard

and why would they put corn,Garlic,Gluten, in cat food and they cant have it?

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My point is that there is a big difference between can't and shouldn't. We all "hear" a lot about what's good and what's bad. It's up to each of us to make informed decisions for ourselves and our pets. Just repeating something you heard without understanding or explaining why does not help anyone to make that informed decision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing wrong with feeding cats raw pork or other raw meat! I actually prefer raw meat for my kitties since it is healthier for various reasons. Read up on the raw feeding thread if you wish!

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Draco, how is Cassie doing? Hopefully she's eating normally again? Vibes for you and Cassie.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie's eating well now, but now it's Monet that's not eating!