Food Fight!!! (part 3) Hot Dogs.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't like "tube steaks" at all. I don't eat anything that I don't know what ingredients are in it and that includes many deli meats.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
After finally having my first Chicago hotdog a just this year, I have to opt for them. I have no idea why because the concept of what goes on them still makes me shudder, but they're soooooo good.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I ate too many hotdogs as a little kid and once got sick on them when I was 6 or so, I didn't eat another one til I was in my early 20s
When I do eat them, I prefer chili dogs with lots of shredded cheddar cheese or if there's no chili available, just plain mustard

I do not eat ketchup on anything, ever

dusty's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

Dirty water New York Dogs, with kraut and mustard, or Chicago salad on a bun with neon green relish?
I admit I am torn on this one, both are soooo good!

I think all hot dog lovers will agree though, NO, I repeat, NO ketchup, EVER!!!!
Absolutelty right, and no sweet relish either!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to add that there's a place around here that has "Chicago Style" in their name. I gotta say, their dogs ARE Chicago style, but their Italian Beef is to DIE for. MMMMMMM.

I love Chicago foods, and I've missed them.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had hotdogs for supper LOL.

No idea about the NY or Chicago dogs, but my dog of preference is a chubby footlong one, grilled with onions, mushrooms, mayo, mustard and relish

ETA: I am not a ketchup fan either....occassionally on my fries, but thats it for ketchup.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neithor!

There's a Chicago style hotdog shop near me though that sells my favorite kind called an "uncle bobby" It has hotdog, sloppy joe, and nacho cheese - It's not the most healthy thing, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO yummy!!!! That's my favorite!!!

Other than that if I'm just making it at home- on the grill with mustard is my fav!