Follow up to (Is she pregnant)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys how do bottle feed the babies? I feel one of them isnt being fed properly, as he never gets a teet. I mean she has enough for all but he wants the one at the very end, and that is the one the strong one likes also, so after the strong one is full is when the smaller one sucks on it,but only like for 5 mins,as Blacka gets tired and goes and eats.I dont want to lose him,but bottle feeding is hard.THey dont want to take it.I have tried and tried but they wont try it.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most times I didn't really worry during the first few weeks - it evens out. Sometimes I would try to get the kitten to another place, but they tend to want to stick to one nipple (stubborn little things).

If the little one is still being pushed out after another week or the other ones are gaining a lot more, then worry about bottle feeding. I tried to bottle feed Lily's last kitten. She was a good mother but something was wrong with the kitten - he would not nurse on Lily nor take a bottle. I wound up losing him in about a week.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well this little one nurses but he is so small compared to other ones.The other ones are chubby, but he looks thin and long. I think he is the runt of the litter.He has a hard time controlling his head movement ,like when he is right in front of a nipple he takes like 20 sec until he gets it because his head is so unstable. Hey guys they started hissing today. lol.i thought it was cut.I just stuck my hand in the nest box when all of the suddend they all opened their mouths and started hissing.lol.I'll post pics of the little one so you guys can compare his size with his littermates.okay.

thepatches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my I missed it! They are all quite beautiful though and look healthy! Blacka also looks very content!

I wouldn't worry too much about the one baby wanting the back teet. That's where the most milk is and they ALL fight for those ones haha. As long as he's drinking from somewhere he should be okay. If he's completely pushed out or isn't drinking at all then you should be worried ^.- But I don't have much experience nursing babies by hand, so don't listen to me haha.

Hissing?! You guys have had this? I've birthed two litters and can't remember them ever hissing! haha! That's cute though "we're deaf and dumb but you come hear us and we'll try and scare you!"

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its the "hissing" actions but very little sound comes out - like the OP says - its really cute - maybe it would scare a bug but that's about it

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have finally figured out their gender!!.Both black ones are girls and so is the tuxedo one(the one with a black spot by its nose).And the gray tabby and the other tuxedo(no black spot by nose.)are males.I will update this thread every week with pics.bye for now.

richi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh sorry guys one more question.Can i feed the momma cat KMR? If so will it give her diarrhea,i mean its still milk. I was going to feed her it because i thought i had read it somewhere,but now cant find it so i came here to ask.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you dont have to feed her KMR but you can, only feed her it a cupple of times a day or it may upset her stomach if feed to much.