Folding chair fell on kitten

Xetzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My older cat was playing with my kitten and he got to energized and zoomed around knocking over a folding chair onto my kitten

I heard a what sounded like coughing sound follow immediately after a bang and ran out to see what happened to find my kittens legs going back and forth under a chair , as I removed the chair I seen he was bleeding from his nose and there was a little bit of blood dripping

I called the vet right away and did what they said and he has been asleep since but responsive and moving into different positions but not opening his eyes or anything

I'm extremely worried and would just like any advice right now or anything at all really

(Attached is a picture of my little guy *Hiro* and the chair*

Chair.jpg

Hiro just being himself.jpg

Hiro asleep on my mouse pad.jpg

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
aw, poor sweetie ! I can see why you are worried ! what did your vet recommend ? If it were me, I would bring him in to be seen by vet. He is moving around , so that is a good sign. But there was bleeding , and seems distressed.. so it is worth having checked out. internal bleeding is a possibility. Praying your little man is ok !! playing can get out of hand with kitties , and accidents do happen. but it was an accident .. dont beat yourself up.. just do what you can to help the baby! I . It looks like it was not a real heavy chair..so, maybe he is just kinda banged up , and not too badly hurt. Please keep us posted !! 💕 :greenpaw::please:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is hurt. I would take him in to be x-rayed just to be safe. A kitten lying still is not natural. You might check his pupils with a flashlight, lifting his lids and seeing if they react to the light. Keep him warm and monitored, if anything changes, like if he becomes unresponsive, bring him in. I'll pray for that sweet one, accidents happen, there is no way you could have foreseen this. my heart goes out to you.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Xetzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: thank you for the words of encouragement and support. <3

When I posted the thread I was hysterical and hadn't slept in 22 hours and after what happened could not sleep even if i wanted too so i stayed up almost all night until my partner was able to be awake and with him. x~x (they were sleeping with him near while he was resting).

He was been awake responsive , playing like normal eating and drinking and using the washroom fine since i have been up and doing fine. c:

We have done the test with the flash light and checked for anything that may be broken.
The bleeding last night was minor (about 5 drops)

being a young soon to be family on welfare that just moved into our first apartment (we have a little one 18 months in the making)

we did not foresee any accidents like this happening and nothing had up until last night because of one random chair in the hallway

we do not currently have the resources to take him in for x-ray's or a check up sadly. v.v

Im going to see if my grandparents can take me up there and if i can borrow money off them for the bill , but they dont even know i have Hiro yet and my grandfather would flip if he found out i got a kitten when i have a kid on the way.

(Here are some more pic's of my lil man playing today)
Hiro zoomie.jpg

Hiro playing.jpg

Hiro playing 2.jpg

hiro playing 3.jpg

Hiro playing 4.jpg

Hiro playing 5.jpg

Cute hiro playing.jpg

Attachments

Xetzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really have any pictures of the other cat's as they is my roommates but I have this one with all our little ones sleeping together
All the babys.jpg

plus this clip of Bhelen getting the zoomies while i was streaming from my terrible pc

()

The cats by color are
Bhelen he's the grey and white one
Leliana is the dilute calico
and of course as you already know Hiro is the black and white one c:

Xetzly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've never shared a clip from my twitch before so the link didn't work but this one will if you just take out the () that keep the http:// bordered

(https://)www.twitch.tv/xetzly/clip/ CovertSweetJuiceRickroll-UhMObT_jUb9GtNDo

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
glad to see he is doing better ! some local shelters will offer low cost vetting ( even food pantries for pets !) for families with financial need at least here in the US.. I dont know how it works in Canada; might be worth a try ... good luck ! 💕