Top Cat
Purraise
wow i've never seen a cat jump so high! these would
make great captions pics

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, you always take such great photographs. Is it that you take a million pictures and then pick out the good ones, or that you have a natural talent for hitting the button at the right time? Or is it your boyfriend that takes the pictures? He's an artist isn't he? I saw you mention his paints in another thread, and saw the pad of paper in this one.

This is what happens when I try to take an action picture, lol:

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynx thats excactly how mine look if I try to make pics like that

Sicy those pics are awsome of Saky , wow
. The first pic looks like he is comming from the roof lol

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Love picture#2 He looks like super kitty flying threr the air.Our cat newman loves to jump high, cosmo never lifts is back paws of the ground.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sue lmao!!!

In these pics my fiancee took the pictures. 4 out of 5 were good
He just snaps at the right time. I've taken jumping ones with my camera before too. I dont know why ours never come out blurry. Maybe its the camera?? Ours our both digital.

brocken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Lynx
This is what happens when I try to take an action picture, lol:
Lynx,

It looks like your camera used ambient room lighting for the shot - the light level was too low for the camera's shutter to freeze Toby's jump (although, the resulting blur successfully conveys a good sense of vertical energy).

Have you experimented with setting your camera's flash to FORCED ON? This should produce a big burst of light that would allow the camera's shutter to quickly freeze your cat in mid-jump. Try squeezing the shutter release as he springs up or just before - by the time the shutter responds, he will likely be at the peak of his jump.

P.S. If you can catch him jumping in front of a solid-colored background (wall, refrigerator, etc.), his patterned coat would stand out wonderfully.

Best luck,
b

lynx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Brocken, I partially jest. I have a taken a few good action shots, including the ones in my signature. I just think it's amazing how many fun shots Sicy pulled off. The main problem is that there is about a .5 second delay from when I press the button till when the shot is captured. I try to compensate for this, with mixed results. Mostly I just take a million pictures and then keep the good ones.

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
your cat toby, is beautiful, outstanding markings, never seen fur like that. Cool cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What we also do is depress the button half way to get ready, then when the cats jump we depress it quickly and so you dont lose the time it takes for you to depress the button fully. I think that may also keep the shutter partially open.

brocken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Lynx
Brocken, I partially jest. I have a taken a few good action shots, including the ones in my signature. I just think it's amazing how many fun shots Sicy pulled off. The main problem is that there is about a .5 second delay from when I press the button till when the shot is captured. I try to compensate for this, with mixed results. Mostly I just take a million pictures and then keep the good ones.
Hi Lynx,

Sorry I didn't catch that
. I actually think that the supermodel strut shot of Toby is the most glamorous cat shot I've seen - he should be modeling a Yohji Yamamoto or something

Sicy and her boyfriend have a great technique: one person plays with Saki within good range of the camera and the other person shoots at will. The half-press technique is good for prefocusing the lens and locking exposure, and can potentially give you back .4 of that .5 second delay. I would love to see a professional sports photographer do a cat action series with a camera that does 8 shots per second.

Would love to see more shots of Toby.

Best,
b

oava

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That cat is remarkable. looks like the karate kitty.
lol