Fly!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm way to into this fly killing by cat thing and it says a lot about my social life I guess.
Our little Bro spotted a fly and went in for a clumsy kill, Queen Bee interrupted to keep him from screwing it up (she would have) and got a smack down. The fly escaped. Little Bro strolled away like "...nobody saw that."
I love him, but this guy couldn't catch a cold.
Queen Bee is now in my lap, purring, and LOL'ing at the cats still expending terrible energy to kill something that a shoe could easily end because she knows she'll get a little extra food tonight for her kills and her efforts.
(FYI, I never got a damned bit of extra food for my efforts, which include cussing at saws, quitting early, throwing hammers across the room and making weird angry animal noises when I get covered in paint because I'm too stupid to wear my paint clothes. :hmmm:)

Also, with all the time I spend sitting on my butt and petting a cat in my lap, I feel like I should be some kind of a mob boss or something.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 - Jeez - I hope you didn't hurt the squash! Acorn, butternut? Certainly not Hubbard!
I love butternut squash, but don't care for acorn.
I'll happily smash an acorn squash (always wanted to be like Mr. Gallaghar, but didn't have enough watermelons).

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very funny thread. My two belong to the can't-catch-a-cold class. At least a dozen flies got in the house a couple of weeks ago, and in spite of their best efforts, I was the one who had to kill them all. I feared for the lamps, you know.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Talking about catching flies Luther is so good at it but if you are in the same room you have to duck as he launches himself at ai, and pivots lol we call him the terminator here he is

bodester413

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did threaten one time to gorilla glue all small furniture pieces to the actual floor.
Hey, if they can market glue down vinyl flooring why can't they market glue-down furniture for cat owners?
That's actually a good idea....They could make it out of that stuff they use in those removable hook things....lol

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flies are mostly dead.

I spent awhile playing Karate Kid and grabbing them in my fist. I have very few hobbies, which is obvious.
The results: I'm more Mr. Miyagi minus the wisdom and less Karate Kid these days.
I did manage to snare a few flies in my hand, but rather than smashing them...I let them go outdoors. So they can fly back in later. :headshake:
(Signed, Idiot.)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I leave my back door open sometimes when Tommy, my feral, comes inside to look around. When I do that the flies also come inside. I don't have the heart to kill them so I just let them die a natural death.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, not mine, mine will not catch flies, but a moth, now its on. :lol: Anything rodent size is fair game too.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Could you get the cats put on the no-fly list?
:flail:

Last night, Rick and I were in the bedroom with the cats. A big black moth was resting on the ceiling. I saw it and so did Molli. The moth started to fly around, Molli was right there. So was Tabby with Muffin not far behind. Molli almost had it, but then Tabby knocked into her and they both hit the floor. So then, Molli and Tabby started arguing and fussing about the moth. Meanwhile, amidst the growling that was going on between the two girls, Muffin made a huge leap off the bed, caught the moth in mid-air, landed on the floor and chomped it down. After she was done, she jumped back on the bed, looked at the girls and I swear she smirked. I could almost hear her saying, "I win!" I told her, "Stay away from me! I don't want your moth breath!!"

I live in a feline circus. I swear.