Fly, Eagles, Fly!!!

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
The game kept me on the edge of my seat right until the last second. What a contest! Two great quarterbacks with teams to match. What more could you ask for?

On the other hand, the commercials were, for the vast majority, real losers. The only ones that even made me smile were the Tide commercials and the Crocodile Dundee parody for Australian tourism. Too many touchy-feely ones that were either stupid or schmaltzy. No Budweiser Clydesdales, either! That was a letdown.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
The first thing Rick said to me this morning was "The Eagles won the Super Bowl". And when he got to work this morning, he didn't text me to say, "I'm at work". No, no, it was "The Eagles won the Super Bowl".

He wants a hat, a tee-shirt and a sweat shirt. He's taking off work on Wednesday to watch the parade. And if the weather was to be OK, we'd probably go to Philadelphia instead of watching it on TV (but alas, freezing rain is forecast). This man has been a die-hard Eagles fan his entire life. I think there are a lot of people like Dear Richard, who have been waiting a long time for this one.

There was a bit of muttering last night, a few :censored: words throughout. During the last couple of minutes, he came back to the bedroom and told me that he couldn't watch, he couldn't watch, he couldn't watch. "Please don't let Brady have the ball!" Lots of praying going on. And then finally, "YES! OH YES, BABY! YES!" And I knew.

Two great teams, two great quarterbacks.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I thought it was an excellent game! Great interceptions and long throws! I am happy for the Eagles= I like seeing new teams win the super bowl for a chance. The Pat's defense SUCKED honestly they were wide open in so many plays=but alas it was a good game. I like the hop jump to catch the ball when the guy jumped over this other guy in the 1st quarter. I fell asleep 5 min to go in 3rd quarter. There was some muttering swear words here too. LOL. For both sides.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to the Eagles,, and their fans!!

I knew, after the first 5 minutes that this would be an upset.. just knew it.. not a football fan.. but I could tell..

Anyway.. Rick deserves to get all the 'stuff'' he wants.. this is great for him...and for all the others..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The first thing Rick said to me this morning was "The Eagles won the Super Bowl". And when he got to work this morning, he didn't text me to say, "I'm at work". No, no, it was "The Eagles won the Super Bowl".

He wants a hat, a tee-shirt and a sweat shirt. He's taking off work on Wednesday to watch the parade. And if the weather was to be OK, we'd probably go to Philadelphia instead of watching it on TV (but alas, freezing rain is forecast). This man has been a die-hard Eagles fan his entire life. I think there are a lot of people like Dear Richard, who have been waiting a long time for this one.

There was a bit of muttering last night, a few :censored: words throughout. During the last couple of minutes, he came back to the bedroom and told me that he couldn't watch, he couldn't watch, he couldn't watch. "Please don't let Brady have the ball!" Lots of praying going on. And then finally, "YES! OH YES, BABY! YES!" And I knew.

Two great teams, two great quarterbacks.
Pam, the parade is this Thursday, not Wednesday. Here's the scoop:

What You Need to Know: Philly's 5-Mile Parade for the Eagles

No freezing rain on Thursday. Here's the NOAA weather forecast for Philly on Thursday

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
So, we're both off work today and getting ready to settle down on the couch with football-shaped sugar cookies :lol: to enjoy the afternoon. I swear my husband is still excited. Rick saw the Philly Special. (I wasn't going to take the day off, but then Rick said vacation days are for good things and to just stay home.)

He was watching a program last night where they put mics on some of the players, the refs, etc. When that particular play was done, even a Patriot player said it was well-called, and well-done. Kudos!