Fluffy is a trouble maker with my other cats

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Some background, I had 2 other cats for 6 yrs before I rescued Fluffy. She was a stray who evidently had been a TNR cat, with her left ear notched. I couldn't stand seeing her suffer outside in the freezing weather so I brought her in over 2 years ago. She never did get along with one of my original cats, sweetie. Sweetie is very terrorital. So they had their spats but nothing serious. I live in a 4 unit townhouse facing another 4 unit townhouse with a drive and parking between.  Last year  brought about 10 well cared for strays and they live in a shed/doghouse. A neighbor had had them all TNR'd. We all feed them. Fluffy has paw fights through the storm window with the ones who venture onto the porch to eat. Whenever she has these fights she then turns on my other two cats and really takes her anger out on them.  They try to hide but last night the two were looking out the window when Fluffy went after them. She was so agressive they were unable to escape her anger.Because of her behavior with Sweetie the vet had given me Composure Chews to give her. She won't have anything to do with them. I can't use Feliway because I have no outlets that are not out in the open. They are either in back of furniture or next to something without a clear shot into a room. Why is she being so agressive? Does she want out to join the clowder or seeing them free makes her want her wandering days back. How can I control her beavior? I can't keep the doors shut in this weather so she doesn't see the outside cats. Advice pleasw. She's a wonderful cat and I love her.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
deljo, I'm no authority, but just wanted to commiserate and hope someone can help soon.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you feed them elsewhere since she clearly doesn't like seeing them on the porch? Many cats are upset by seeing others outside and then take it out on the resident cats or sometimes owners.

Feliway also comes in spray form, there's Rescue Remedy you put into water or rub on their ears too.