Fluffball.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My resident cat inspires songs from my past, bringing them to memory. In those moments, when I can't put into words how I feel or think, songs come to mind, and I sing them to my resident cat. The newcomer who has been with me maybe two months, has yet to do that to me. Song of the morning was "She Drives Me Crazy," by the Fine Young Cannibals. I tend to change the lyrics to suite my thoughts of him. "[He] drives me crazy...[that long wild hair]. [He] drives me crazy...and I can't help myself." [as I bury my face into his fur in a big hug]

As for the house...seriously...didn't I just vacuum there???? [You removed my clumps, so I replaced them!] Pretty much the same story here, like tumbleweeds drifting through a ghost-town. Now the newcomer has taken over my bathroom and turned it into a snow globe!!!

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one short-furred calico, Aya. Her Japanese cat coat is very short and has little to no undercoat, yet I find fur tumbleweeds everywhere and she sheds like crazy. It's also multicolored so you can't win.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bet she's pretty, though.
Yeah, very pretty kitty. I have a cat page around here somewhere with her cute little mug all over it.

Did I mention that supershort multi-colored cat fur embeds itself in everything to where you can't just wipe or brush it off. It weaves itself into my sheets, blankets, sweaters, hosiery, etc...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, very pretty kitty. I have a cat page around here somewhere with her cute little mug all over it.

Did I mention that supershort multi-colored cat fur embeds itself in everything to where you can't just wipe or brush it off. It weaves itself into my sheets, blankets, sweaters, hosiery, etc...
:lol2: :lol:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She is pretty!

There's pictures right in your "media" showing as much. I won't stick them in here, I'll leave that up to you.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

She really is gorgeous and you've taken so many beautiful photos of her! Thanks for sharing them. And that embedded fur? *Extra luxe*

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two cats, one with longer hair and a deep undercoat, it can get to be a bit much. I am always surprised at how much fur is in the canister when I finish. I have more issue with keeping the furniture clean than the rug.

The worst time I had was years ago when we had a Siberian Husky. They have a very thick undercoat. He shed a little all the time but twice a year he would blow his coat and that was something else. I was constantly vacuuming. I would brush him out and fill one of those brown grocery bags with what I got off of him. By the time I went to brush him the next day he already had clumps of down sitting on top of his coat.
I found this on youtube and it is accurate, that would be daily while he was blowing his coat.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two cats, one with longer hair and a deep undercoat, it can get to be a bit much. I am always surprised at how much fur is in the canister when I finish. I have more issue with keeping the furniture clean than the rug.

The worst time I had was years ago when we had a Siberian Husky. They have a very thick undercoat. He shed a little all the time but twice a year he would blow his coat and that was something else. I was constantly vacuuming. I would brush him out and fill one of those brown grocery bags with what I got off of him. By the time I went to brush him the next day he already had clumps of down sitting on top of his coat.
I found this on youtube and it is accurate, that would be daily while he was blowing his coat.
The Akita I had to care for was like that, too. Unbelievable how much hair could just be pulled off of her with the hands during her shedding season.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Oh lucky you. I'm jelly! You can buy a plain jane sheet set and she'll turn it into something luxurious. I'm thinking if any one complains about my polyester work shirts being covered with cat hair, and I'll just them them "Hey! It's a clean fur lined shirt and one of a kind! $25 bucks and it is yours."

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two cats - a shorthair and a longhair. Cat shedding is not actually much of a problem at all. If it was only their hair, I'd vacuum maybe once every 2 weeks. Human hair shedding, on the other hand...

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh lucky you. I'm jelly! You can buy a plain jane sheet set and she'll turn it into something luxurious. I'm thinking if any one complains about my polyester work shirts being covered with cat hair, and I'll just them them "Hey! It's a clean fur lined shirt and one of a kind! $25 bucks and it is yours."
Personally, I'd tack a couple of hundred to that price. :crackup:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Wow, there is enough fur there to make another dog out of. That's why I get Forest shaved every spring.

Before.....

ForestCat49.jpg

....and after.

ForestCat71.jpg

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3 dogs and two cats. Only the beagle sheds. However, since he's old and has a hard time with the heat, I body clip him.
My cats, one long hair, one short, love to be combed. So I comb them 3-4 times a week and all the dead hair comes out.
The only hair on the furniture or floors is usually mine.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you.

:p

Ah, Captain Meow. He was fantastic, wasn't he? I've often thought that if Forest and @kat0121 two girls Sophie and Lilly, got together they'd have kittens that looked a bit like that.

You'd need a whole squadron of Roombas to cleanup after them though.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, eight cats and a dog in the house, and there is fur everywhere. The dog sheds the worst. He's a lab mix with black fluffy hair that ends up everywhere. The cats shed enough, we go thru about 2 vacuums a year on average. I have an older dirt devil that is my backup and its been holding strong so far. I find going over sofas and beds with a damp towel helps catch some hair.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That damp cloth trick really works. I finally ended up getting some furniture covers for my couch and the chairs they prefer, it's kind of nice to just whisk them off and have a clean sitting area for guests. The cats line up and eye them, trying to get there and leave some fur before I can replace the covers when the guests leave. Have you ever noticed that the white haired cat will prefer the dark couch, and the dark haired cats like the lighter cloth? I swear they think this out, do they have meetings?