Flowers for Valentines?

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll take a house plant or a perennial for my flowerbeds over roses any day. BUT... if I do receive roses, I'm usually thrilled. I love smelling them and just looking at them. Hubby does occasionally buy a dozen roses here and there but he seems to find these great $20 for a dozen deals and they are really pretty.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sweety is just not a flower guy. He gives sweet stuff I can actually use and enjoy.
I have been having problems with my hands getting dry and calloused from so much washing, so he got me a pariffin wax hand spa. It came with a nail grooming set. Since I am studying to be a massage therapist, that was the most perfect gift he could have gotten me. I was tickled pink!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love getting flowers...its not often, but I love that lately it does seem to be always include around Valentine's day, and I don't mind what they are..irises are a favorite, bouquets, live mini-rose bush in a planter. Frej is very romantic, as am I, and for us, Valentine's Day is special - the first holiday we exchanged gifts,plus we became engaged the day after Valentine's day, over 8 years ago.

My two-toned (deep pink and yellow) roses and baby's breath are on the table, looking and smelling just wonderful. I'll snip and baby these and get over a week of enjoyment, and probably dry some of the petals to save.

On a practical note, my present this year was a new set of shipping scales
....no more struggling to balance boxes on a tiny 5 inch wide postal scale!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a nice surprise when they are completely unexpected, especially if they show up at work or something. But for V-Day.....yuck. A waste of money, and if you're trying to show how much you care, it's more like you showed how much thought you didn't put into it. Nothing like being a clichÃ[emoji]169[/emoji]. Now, if you got them from someone you weren't expecting to....like a person who is interested and sends them as a first gesture, that's cool.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a dozen beautiful roses today for Valentine's Day. They are thornless! they are yellowish, pinkish and trimmed in a deep ruby color. They are soo awesome! These are the first flowers I have ever gotten in a box, how cool
Steven is such a sweetie!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ginger,

Enjoy...the colors sound similar to the ones I got today

If you have a food dehyrdator, it's great for drying the petals later on, dried rose petals have a lovely scent

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got 4 bouquets of different flowers all day long! My first were pink roses, then white, red and pink carnations (2 batches) and when Zack got home I got a bouquet of Texas Daylillies! He made me dinner also! So good!!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE getting flowers! Maybe it's old-fashioned, but I think it's such a nice gesture. I can't think of a better way for a guy to impress me than to show up with flowers (especially roses
).