Floor Mats For Litter Boxes (Big Mats)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What would you use these for - setting the litter pans on? I just put a towel at the entrance to the litter box and toss it in the laundry every week. Lots cheaper and easier to clean.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another option is Lowes has oversize industrial mats over by the floor mats. Very reasonably priced, and they are ribbed which splays the toes so the litter stuck to the feet falls off right away.

A great product if you have the room for it:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tkaner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boxes are not covered so the cats get litter around the boxes. These mats have high / low texture which is supposed to spread the fingers on the paws and catch the litter.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually got one of these mats for Maia a couple years ago and she hated it! I had to remove it because she was trying to jump into the litter box to avoid stepping on it

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The litter box I have in the library has a color-coordinated bathroom rug in front of it, while the litter box in the front hallway has a simple towel folded to fit in front of it; both go in the wash easy peasy once a week.

Like Cheylink's kitties, mine didn't like the expensive, funky ribbed mat I purchased at the pet store and kept trying to jump over it. With six cats, litter box avoidance is NOT something I want to play around with, so that mat got trashed pretty darn quickly.

AC