Fleas

LeslieClark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called local vet office and they had me come in and get flea meds that supposed to be fleas and one for worms and fleas . It’s liquid drops that go behind the neck. I was just wondering what was y’all’s experience with these meds for your cat. Also I am unemployed and without a ride and have ran out of cat food my father in law has been giving dog food instead is this ok?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Dog food isn't the greatest as it lacks nutrients that cats need.

Do you have any organizations near you, or even SNAP, that provide pet food for people in your situation? I realize there's complications regarding a vehicle.

I can't really speak to the flea meds, do you have a brand name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LeslieClark

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am on snap benefits ent but I wasn’t aware they allow you to buy cat food

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not aware that pet foods can be purchased with SNAP. (What Can SNAP Buy? | Food and Nutrition Service (usda.gov)).
But you might check out these web sites to see what options might be available to you.
How to Get Free Cat and Dog Food (treehugger.com)
Pet Help Finder

There are a number of topical flea treatments, so it would help if you know the brand name. Most of them are used by numerous members on this site, and while some have more potential side effects, they seem to be few and far between. As is true with most any medication/treatment, there are always going to be a few who experience issues - the thing is, no one knows for sure ahead of time.

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I am on snap benefits ent but I wasn’t aware they allow you to buy cat food
You can’t . Buy cat food on snap but for the fleas you can use dawn dish soap if you have a flea comb dip the comb into the soapy water and brush them and dip the comb in the water with the fleas it will kill them