FLEAS

lochness350

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fleas are terrible this year! My ferals are itching and pulling their hair out like crazy!! I have read through some threads and found out that several people recommend Capstar followed by Program for treatment. Digging a little further, most said they used to get a generic (same ingredients as name brand) through Amazon that is no longer sold on that site. Then even further digging led me to another Catsite user that found the generic brands website and orders through them. The company is called Guardian and the product I am interested in, Guardian One, combines both the Nitenpyram (Capstar for adult fleas) and Lufenuron (Program for flea eggs). 

Has anyone used this company/product?  If so, would you recommend it?  What flavor did you get? Did your cats eat it ok?

http://www.theguardianpets.com/stor...11.4mg_of_Nitenpyram_for_Cats_2_-_10_Lbs.html

Also--I already use Diatomaceous Earth on all of their sleeping areas and around my house. Not sure how much that is helping but I will continue with that as well.

Thanks!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have ordered from a place called bestflea.com, but see that they are out of stock or no longer sell Program.  It was a liquid flea prevention that could be mixed into food.  I also have frontline for ticks.  The Program is easy to use for feral cats as long as you can monitor that each cat eats his/her own food.  They also sell it in a tablet that can tastes like a treat. 

Capstar will kill the existing fleas, but do nothing for prevention.