fleas

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had problems with Capstar with both of my cats. Norville started foaming at the mouth within moments and vomenting. It took Mia about an hour but she did too and they were both sick for hours!!!!! However theses soresto collers I was surprised they had no reaction to as it says on the package that the stuff comes in contact with their skin and seeps into it and that is how it kills the fleas as it bites them. The fleas, adults, are suppose to be all dead on them within 24- 48 hours, head to tail. Which for a flea collar is great. My vet says he doesn't believe other flea collars than these

work.

miannorvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

You need to clean your home thoroughly!  Vacuum every day and wash all clothing and cloth items that your cats or family touch.  This includes upholstered items like couches.  You can cut up a flea collar and put it in the bag of the vacuum.  Then empty the vacuum bag and dispose of outside.  

You should also comb your cat every day and put the fleas into water with dish soap.​
Yes to all the above!!! You cant do this to much! I use the cheap store bought flea collars in my vacume bag to cut up and put in it though as I cant afford the other again.

amandad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I don`t get it.... what`s the point of bathing your cats with Dawn??    All that`s gonna do is make any topical flea med less effective.
Dawn kills the fleas, larvae and washes the eggs off. Essentially you're to bathe before using the spot treatment. Spot treatments are usually waterproof and dry within 12 to 48 hours depending on if your animal doesn't leave the area alone (my 7 month old gets a sweater on every month because he doesn't leave his Advantage II treatment area alone where as my 14 year old it takes longer for her Frontline Plus application to dry because she doesn't leave it alone and she doesn't like the sweaters). After the area dries, you can bathe your animal.