FLEAS PLEASE HELP!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so comfirtis just got approved for cats? THEN WHY  DID MY VET GIVE MY CAT THAT IN 2011 gosh some vets sorry
Because if a vet knows it's safe and effective, they'll use some products off-label. My exotics vet told me I could use Advantage on my ferret, for example.

And, yup, I looked it up, and it was approved for cats in August 2012.

cemeteryroses

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Everyone else has given great advice, so I'll just put in my two cents that happen to be a little different(:

Fleas have weird life stages in that the eggs only hatch when they've been moved(like vibrations from walking around or a vacuum, etc), so getting rid of them unfortunately takes a while. But you're doing ALL the right things keeping on top of it! Eventually you'll get all the fleas and there shouldn't be anymore eggs.

Another thing you can spread around the house is plain salt. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but you can spread it around and not have to clear out a room like you do with borax. When my mom and I were clearing out the house, we spread salt and left it for a day or so before vacuuming it up. We also spread it in the pet beds, couches, etc, and shook them out then washed them. We saw that it helped.