Fleas!! low budget..

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second the recommendation for food grade diatomaceous earth (DE). If you have a true infestation, then its just as important to treat the environment as it is your cats. You can sprinkle it on the carpet and sprinkle it on your cats. I'll re-emphasize the need to buy FOOD GRADE DE, or you can kill your babies.

I also have used dog Advantage vials on cats in years past. The problem with dog formulas is that the manufacturer can change the ingredients and what was safe in the past may not be safe currently. If you consider doing this, READ THE LABELS of both the cat and dog formulas to make sure the ingredients are not only identical, but proportionally identical. You cannot use any dog product that treats ticks on cats (so Advantix is out). As far as how much to use, I've never met a vet that will share that information with me. They have a relationship with the companies they buy products from, and it is unethical for them to do this. For all of these reasons, I've stopped using these products and stick to food grade DE.