Flea Collar Irritating cat

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found out my Kitten (about 5 months now)had flea's so today i bought her a flea collar but ever since i put it on her shes been rolling on the floor,scratching the collar,hiding,growling. should i replace the collar with medication or spray? Or will she get used to it over time (she has to have it for 7 months)? She just keeps giving me this sad evil look.

Last edited:

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not too fond of flea collars, and I don't think they work as well as other medications. Something like Revolution or Advantage that you apply once a month to the back of the neck usually works well for most cats.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you taken your kitten to the vet yet? Is she going outside at all?

I would save your money, take off the collar, and have the vet treat her with a topical as part of her check up. Collars can be very irritating, as can the chemicals on them. Listen to your cat.

She should not go outside AT ALL or be around any intact males until she is spayed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for responding i think i will replace the collar with that down the neck stuff my neighbor has some from his cat that passed a few months ago,planning a vet trip soon.thank you.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for responding i think i will replace the collar with that down the neck stuff my neighbor has some from his cat that passed a few months ago,planning a vet trip soon.thank you.
What is the product? Not all flea products are equal and some can be deadly. Let us know before you use it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

greenpuppyz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yep, take that off. They make dangerous products.
i Did some research and found out it was killing pets,i took it off IMMEDIATELY thank you,i never would have known.