Flagyl?

nybody

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ho Ho Ho......

Nice approach/method  for a cat that can be handled. Feral  'Baby' still can't be touched.

He had tested negative twice for giardia.and  has been doing well with a probiotic. I think this is an

intestinal 'distress' problem.

Thanks for the info-for future use

kittyquestions

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, 

This was my experience too - vet said it's really common. Tastes bad, and they foam at the mouth like they've lost their little minds. I have four that don't do that, and one that does the full drama...even when it's unflavored Pedialite. 

MaggiesMommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,
Marc has been having a bout of runny poos. The vet put him on Flagyl. I gave him his first dose this evening, and as expected - it didn't go well.

I did a search in the forum on Flagyl, so I know many of you have cats who have been on it. Did it make them foam at the mouth? Marc took his dose, and ran away shaking his head and basically spitting foam out everywhere, or at least I hope it was foam and not his entire dose. It has a very strong smell, so I can't imagine it tasted good.

anyone else experience this? I'm concerned he didn't actually take in any of his meds. Thanks!
My 5 month old kitten was put on it today and did the exact same thing started foaming at the mouth an took off