Fitness studios/Gyms

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Nooo I meant i wont go alone out in the park ect, i rather go to a Gym. Where i live there are way too many weirdos and i will not go for a walk in the dark alone.

I am not able to sign up the membership untill all my blood work is done. Anyway, but in the meanwhile my friend has a dog, and she has to work alot so i told her i can take it for long walks as i need the excersize and the dog gets to be happy.

I have put up flyers for dog sitting and cat sitting, for extra money so hopefully someone calls!
Ah okay, I get it
Okay, well thats good, you don't wanna get mugged

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have put up flyers for dog sitting and cat sitting, for extra money so hopefully someone calls!
That's a brilliant idea! You get the leg workout and arm work out (as the 5 dogs you are walking go in opposite directions and you have to reign them back together
)

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the first gyms I belonged to was fairly close to where we were living but then we moved and it wasn't so handy anymore. The 2nd gym where I was a member for a few years was like 2 minutes from my office. I went mainly after work but sometimes before work, or during my lunch hour. The classes and equipment they have along with the types of members are important to consider. Our office relocated so that place was handy anymore either!!
The final gym was close to my new office but I coould not get motivated to go on a consistent basis so as many other stated I wasted $40/month on a two year membership.
Now I have a treadmill at home but I have been walking outside. I have a good book on stretches and some light weights if I want to use them too.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am not able to sign up the membership untill all my blood work is done. Anyway, but in the meanwhile my friend has a dog, and she has to work alot so i told her i can take it for long walks as i need the excersize and the dog gets to be happy.
That is great! Dogs make the BEST workout buddies. They are never too tired or too busy or think the weather is too crappy. They are always ready to go when you are.