Fishing cat posing to camera

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh-oh....I must be checking the wrong one (399.00) lol...that's very good price for me, it's affordable!

Maybe that would be my secret Christmas gift to Macha . :-)
If you can get used DSLR (Like Nikon D40 or some other equivalent) for little bit more than 60, some move for around 100 used, that would be a lot more camera for the money, I really can't recommend Olympus as it is making weird looking photos and very difficult to use, Canon Ixus on other hand is much better and of course more expensive, but again used ones should give more camera for the money spend.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks JTbo....I am still checking and your advice would help me.

My friend just gave me sony pocket camera but I have problem installing coz of new tech nowadays lol 

He tried to help me installing it but no success, he said his camera must be old. LOL

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, so cool @JTbo   natural spring water is the best...Filtered naturally through the ground.

(I thought maybe that gravestone belonged to an old Viking, or something.
... (I was watching some youtube videos on history subjects.)  Still interesting to think that in that person's day, different technology existed...no internet or modern electronics...but there must have been new discoveries and inventions that helped them out.  Same water, trees, and land...though, so still living with Nature. 
Amazing how the cycles of life are.)

So the 'white cardboard' will reflect the light, and brighten the photo.  I saw reflectors used, but didn't quite know what they were for.  And having solid support with arm/knee/body and squeezing button helps prevent blurry photos...I will try to remember that.

Thanks JTbo....I am still checking and your advice would help me.

My friend just gave me sony pocket camera but I have problem installing coz of new tech nowadays lol 

He tried to help me installing it but no success, he said his camera must be old. LOL
@Macha 143   I think that JTbo knows more about these camera and tech things, but there is a Sony Website...where you can look up camera models and install 'older computer drivers'.

I think it depends upon the 'model number' and 'computer operating system'.  The website is here:  https://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR=DRIVER

Maybe that helps.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Cat nap...I will read it, I might learn something and install this camera lol wish me luck :-)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you Cat nap...I will read it, I might learn something and install this camera lol wish me luck :-)
Ah, you won't need the luck, but yes I'll send you some anyways. 

( I hate the way some 'older electronics' no longer work with the 'newer' operating systems.  One old Lexmark printer that I had, no longer even has support drivers for Windows 8.  That MUST be a conspiracy...just to make you buy new stuff.  Ugghh...they think money grows on trees. 
And don't get me started on the price of ink. 
Okay...Rant over.)  

Sorry JTbo...for the short 'hi-jack' of your thread.  
   Now, back to cameras and cats. 

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ah, you won't need the luck, but yes I'll send you some anyways. 

( I hate the way some 'older electronics' no longer work with the 'newer' operating systems.  One old Lexmark printer that I had, no longer even has support drivers for Windows 8.  That MUST be a conspiracy...just to make you buy new stuff.  Ugghh...they think money grows on trees. 
And don't get me started on the price of ink. 
Okay...Rant over.)  

Sorry JTbo...for the short 'hi-jack' of your thread.  
   Now, back to cameras and cats. 
You are so right, printers and cameras are my collections now LOL  can't use them anymore!

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is better to invest bit more to laser printer, inkjets are bit shady things and laser comes lot cheaper in the long run:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/152953/printer_ink_costs.html?page=2

Sorry that I don't know much of anything about Sony stuff, but that old driver thing sounds good, imo.

I'm using 9 years old computer with original OS, can't buy new printers and such as they won't supply a drivers anymore and won't buy new computer, when this dies, then I think that I will not get new one.

New ones are noisier, consume way too much electricity and are so weird to use that I don't see a point of updating to latest anymore.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't worry JTb...it's okay (about sony)

I honestly think that old pc better and easier, too bad my old pc died ....new ones....too complicated for me lol

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't worry JTb...it's okay (about sony)

I honestly think that old pc better and easier, too bad my old pc died ....new ones....too complicated for me lol
How they can be complicated, when they advertise new user interface as beginner friendly and easier to use? Anyway I feel just same, they are so simplified that they have become more complicated.

Same applies in a way to cameras, some have not much more than one button and manufacturer calls them simple to use or beginner friendly, but then at many times camera makes wrong decisions, so camera focuses to background or foreground, but not to subject that user attempts to photograph.

I don't even remember how many focusing points my Nikon camera has, because most of the time I use just single point as camera seems not to really get what I want to photograph and all those other points end up being next to useless :D

It is developer syndrome or something like that, developer thinks he knows better than user what user wants and they remove easy way from user to do things user wants, making simple thing complicated to use.

Fashion has run into this and some day fashion picks up something else and maybe we get back to more useful things.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Same applies in a way to cameras, some have not much more than one button and manufacturer calls them simple to use or beginner friendly, but then at many times camera makes wrong decisions, so camera focuses to background or foreground, but not to subject that user attempts to photograph.

I don't even remember how many focusing points my Nikon camera has, because most of the time I use just single point as camera seems not to really get what I want to photograph and all those other points end up being next to useless

It is developer syndrome or something like that, developer thinks he knows better than user what user wants and they remove easy way from user to do things user wants, making simple thing complicated to use.

JTbo...all what you've said are so true, as for me, it's more complicated even though they said "it's simple"  sometimes I'm afraid to touch other buttons lol 

Thanks JTbo...you are great and patient enough to guide me through...