First You Lose Your Mind...

threecatowner

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Based upon my own previous experiences, I believe that in time this acute pain of your loss will stop. It's all so new and horrifying, but in my cases, eventually, the pain settles some and I am able to think back on my kitty's life and smile with good memories.

When I lost Gray in 2004, I absolutely thought I would die. He was my soulmate, if ever there was one. I wrote a few pages about his loss, and that was cathartic to me (similiar to your writing your thoughts on here). Several years later I found that - had forgotten I even wrote it - and was astonished to realize that the extreme pain and heartache had dissipated, somehow.

I am sending many, many hugs to you. Take as much time as you need to grieve. You'll know when the time is right to seek out another. Or - they just may seek you out!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be honest.. it never goes away completely.... it does get easier though, with the passage of time. I lost my Gizmo and Rurnt in August of '09 and Rusty in November of '09.....I thought that I would lose my everloving mind during this time... but I didn't (well, mostly). The good thing is that it DOES get easier with time, but the bad part is that it sneaks up on you sometimes when you least expect it. I put mine and Charlie's first cat to sleep in Oct. '97 , and to this day sometimes I think of her and miss her, or I'll be headed off to sleep and can see her lying there as the vet gave that final shot, and I'll cry all over again (and am now). Just remember that we're here for you, and somewhere, somehow, when you're least expecting it, there will be another cat that needs you... and you'll be ready. (((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))