First trauma as a new parent

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww, the poor little dear. I am glad that he didn't get hurt too badly and the bug will be gone soon
How old is he? I agree that kids are pretty tough, Marie has already bonked her head countless times falling down and never cried unless I react....or my husband then she cries cause of the attention
from us. Otherwise she gets back up and is walking around like nothing happened. Thank goodness our house doesn't have any stairs, so we don't have to worry about that. I grew up with stairs so I fell down them countless times, come to think of it-that was 90% of the injuries that happened to me as a baby/child, but I'm still alive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goosehazel

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Up to my eyeballs in Thomas the Tank Engine undies
He's 8 months old. He seems to be doing better today. He got a good nights sleep and is acting much better this morning. We have stairs in our house so we will definitely have a few gates going up soon. The cats are gonna love that

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time when I was less than a year I crawled out of my crib and fell to the floor and fractured my skull!!! I'm ok!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You poor thing!!! I'm sure it was much worse for you than it was for Brandon! My nephew is notorious for trauma.... just Saturday he was throwing a terrible 2 tantrum wigging out on the floor, and my SIL picked him up and stood him in the corner for a time out, didn't you know it he bit his lip in the process, and when she looked over at him he had blood streaming down his face onto his white shirt! She was almost in tears over it (because it looked really bad mixed with baby drool and he was rubbing it all over with his fingers in his mouth)....I kept saying "hunny you didn't do it." As soon as I took him into the bathroom to spit water into the sink he was fine...he was more than fine, we had to keep spitting for like 10 minutes till he got his fill! This is the same boy that she had to call poison control for on Friday because he got into her pepcid ac's and ate 1.