First timer, have a very pregnant cat

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh hey, how are their eyes doing? I just remembered that every time a feral or stray cat that was pretty young has had kittens near, around, or in my mother's house, their eyes get goopy. It happens most often when they are born under the house, or in the barn, but it's happened in her closet too. It's easy to gently clean their eyes with a damp rag, but if unchecked, their eyes can get infected. If you change or clean your AC filters frequently or not blast your heaters to a burning point if they are gas, it shouldn't be a problem, but I thought I should mention it as something a first time cat grandparent should know! If they look crusty or wet, you can just help momma clean them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missaliss7244

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been wiping them with my breast milk. Sounds wierd but it helped a stray 2 week old kitten that had an eye infection heal up. Mommy isn't stimulating kittens or cleaning eyes. So everytime she nurses I do the rest. She'll come get me when she needs a break but she doesn't do everything a mommy cat should be doing. But that's okay I'm here to help. Thank you guys for the help. You are so wonderful. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128536[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like they are being well cared for between mom cat and you! Keep up the good job! [emoji]128522[/emoji]