First time vomiting

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I am new to this site and in this way I want to greet everyone .
I am Mia, 1yr old BSH (31st of march) and today it's the first time I've vomited. I want to say I've been feeding her with Acana kibbles since she was 4 months old (grasslands) and Schesir/Canagan for wet food. Two weeks ago she was spayed and the vet. recommed us to feed her with a food for sterilised cats so we moved on Acana Indoor Entree (fats and calories lower than Grasslands) . First days after we moved her on this food she barely eated and sleeped most of the time (i must say she is the Ninja Cat, running around all day and playing with her toys 24/7).
In this morning when i woke up i saw that she vomited all the food that she eated in the night(undigested food) . Until i found a new vet, the other one turned out not to communicate directly enough with clients, i need some of your opinion.
Another aspect is her poop : it is in the form of beans, quite strong with a normal color according to the internet(?)
I have to tell you that she never ate cooked food or leftovers, I tried as much as possible to give her the best food available.

I gladly accept any answer and advice and thank you in advance

I attached a picture with my beloved daughter.

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it wasn't digested, I think she might have just eaten too much or too fast. I have one that does the scarf-n-barf, so I have to watch that he doesn't steal the other cats' food. Setting regular, smaller, more-frequent meals will help in that respect.

Have you had cats before? Seems they vomit more than other household pets. Mine get hairballs sometimes, but after numerous cats, I've learned how to avoid the vomiting to a large degree, by adjusting what and how I feed them.

As long as she's not straining or crying when she goes and her stool, however formed, is well-formed and not too hard, I don't think I'd worry about that just now.

Mia's a pretty girl!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While I recognize that some vets seem to think spayed/neutered cats need to be on 'special' diet, I am not sure it is really necessary. Most in the US do not do this. If she wasn't vomiting on her 'old' food and her stools were better, I would switch her back and see if everything changes to the way it was before.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it wasn't digested, I think she might have just eaten too much or too fast. I have one that does the scarf-n-barf, so I have to watch that he doesn't steal the other cats' food. Setting regular, smaller, more-frequent meals will help in that respect.

Have you had cats before? Seems they vomit more than other household pets. Mine get hairballs sometimes, but after numerous cats, I've learned how to avoid the vomiting to a large degree, by adjusting what and how I feed them.

As long as she's not straining or crying when she goes and her stool, however formed, is well-formed and not too hard, I don't think I'd worry about that just now.

Mia's a pretty girl!
She is my first pet so maybe i get nuts when i see something unusual. After spaying i let her free-feeding (put kibble 3 times/day and let her eat that), and that s because she lost some weight after surgery(maybe i was crazy :lol:)

While I recognize that some vets seem to think spayed/neutered cats need to be on 'special' diet, I am not sure it is really necessary. Most in the US do not do this. If she wasn't vomiting on her 'old' food and her stools were better, I would switch her back and see if everything changes to the way it was before.
I think i will change back to Grasslands (just 6% fat difference between them) . The stoods was the same before i changed the food .

Thank you very much!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The stoods was the same before i changed the food .
She may just need a bit more moisture in her diet. You can mix a little bit of water to her wet food, and try to entice her to drink a bit more water - extra water dishes around the house, perhaps even a water fountain might do the trick.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have never changed the diet of a spayed or neutered cat at any time....and we are talking about a lot of cats over the years. I agree that returning to the old diet is the best first step for Mia.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Miathebsh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much.
for start i ordered a fountain and bought back the old kibbles . Now i need to search one wet food that she will eat . 😀