First time visiting a foreign country

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
definitely seeing the sights..when dh and I went on our honeymoon cruise I enjoyed the excursions the most, but of course the shopping was fun too

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I voted for "seeing unique places", but would also have marked "interacting with the locals" if multiple choices were allowed. To me, both are equally important, and it goes without saying that enjoying the "native cuisine" is a big part of the experience. I'm not big on shopping, but I find a trip to a supermarket, or weekly open-air market, really enlightening. In other words, "all of the above"!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for all your replies. I will be having 3 young first-time travelers visiting the Philippines next year. It is a big experience for them since they've never been out of their native Canada. Your answers have helped a lot.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with all the time i spent living and working in that part of the world i have yet to visit the Phillipines.

soo many places yet i would love to see.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

soo many places yet i would love to see.
I feel the same way. I love Ohio, but sometimes I just want to walk around with people that live in a different country. Seems neat. Would love to go to Turin, Italy, and France, and Scotland. Before I am 30, I want to go to Israel and see Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and Nazareth. Working on it : )

I've been to Canada once, when I was little. And I was so expecting it to be a major change from the US. We got there, and it is very beautiful, but doesn't look like it's a different part of the world, you know? I actually pictured it as a super-futuristic place (which I have no idea where I would have got that idea...)
Would go back in a moment, though!