First-time Siamese mom!

tisjaeso

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good evening everyone.

I very recently adopted a 3 month old Siamese from the shelter and will get her tomorrow after her surgery. :clap: I'm not sure what to expect from my "Meezer". Could anyone help me out as far as behavior and introduction to two older cats?

Also, she is in a unique situation. My boyfriend is going to be "fostering" her for the next 2 months until I move back home. I will then take her with me. My two questions are: 1) Is it okay for her to become comfortable in her new home and then transfer her to her "newer" home two months later and 2) Is there in any way, shape, or form that a cat positive for FeLV can live with a non-FeLV kitten?

Last bit, I've heard Siamese are known to attach to a single person...is this true?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:help: :emba: :spin:

lostgirl12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

I have a Red Point siamese (what some people call a "Flame Point," although that name is mistakenly used in siamese cats). Anyway, I know they are generally fairly loud cats (in both their meows and otherwise "talking"), although mine is extremely quite and my tabby and calico are much louder. I know they can have strong personalities (mine does) and mine has also been extremely intelligent since he was a tiny kitten. He isn't super attached to me however and does like other people, but he is "different" since he was separated from his mom/siblings much too early and has pretty bad behavioral issues. 

I imagine you could google them and find out more info. about their general personalities.

Cats with feline leukemia should not be around cats w/out it, as it can be transferred through saliva or nasal secretions. Your kitten would be especially susceptible as it's immune system is more vulnerable since it is so young.