First time pregnant cat, and pregnant cat owner! Advice please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Aw, S sharron , it's worth the wait, honestly. Won't be long now I'm sure.

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Kittens are doing really well, all around 150g now, so they've put on half their birth weight already. I thought they were panting, they had their mouths open making a sss sss sss noise, so rang the Vets....apparently, they're hissing...how cute is that?!!
l

I am so glad I'd read this the other day as mine have been doing this and I did panic a bit at first thinking they had a cough or something then I remembered you writing something so came back to check on it, it really is so cute and funny too

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is super cute isn't it, they do a few pants, then a cough/sneeze noise, but thats their hiss and spit. Obviously, we're all terrified of the fearsome beasts ;)

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still nothing here have noticed she is taken longer to eat her food now and there are quite a few twinges near her tail not sure if these are signs or just the babies did yours have lots of them twinges before birth or is it just babies moving about x

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Gobbolino got quite "twitchy" round her back and bottom area a couple of days before, and she ate as much, but less, and more often if that makes sense. Has your cat lost her mucous plug yet? Gobbi lost hers three days before, that was the surest sign I had, the afternoon before the night she had them, the vet couldnt express milk from her, just goes to show all Queens do it differently.
The kittens have more than doubled their birth weight now, and their eyes have opened today, all blue, and boss eyed, they look adorable. Think Tabs is the only girl, luckily she's no delicate petite princess, she's the biggest, and bossiest! Really happy with their progress, and how brilliantly Gobbolino is doing.

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't noticed if she has lost her plug she is eating lots again and very loving she can't have much longer now. Glad all yours are doing well can't wait to see them x

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll put some photo's on tomorrow. I'm dreading them going to new homes, they're so scrummy!x

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be same with mine but have two good homes lined up already own daughter and my sister are having one so will still get to see them look forward to seeing your pictures tomorrow x

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
9 days. I can't upload the other photos at the mmoment, I'll keep trying though. How's your mummy today?x

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is alright she is very fussy keeps wanting her belly rub was doing it for half hour earlier today bless her going to spend bit of time with her when little one gone to bed x

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How far along is she? It's agonising isn't it? My daily psychosis over pregnant Gobbolino has transferred to daily psychosis over kitten weighing time now!! Fingers crossed for you though, the wait is awful, you have my sympathy.x

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are so gorgeous can't wait to meet my little bundles x

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not completely sure but from what worked out should be either last week or this week x

mum2daisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh they are gorgeous and very similar to my little babies

kooky36

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats to all those who have become cat nannies in my absence. One of my other cats, Grumps went missing four days ago, so I've been a bit frantic, posting photos of him on lost and found sites, and roaming the streets calling his name. I don't know when I became a crazy cat lady....but clearly, I'm up there with the best of them now. Hope all kittens and mummies are well, mine are doing wonderfully x

tiggs2012

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm new to this, and have just about exhausted myself, my phone, my laptop and my partner by obsessively seeking out 'cat labour' articles. Gobbolino is 67 days pregnant, has has a 'show', her milk is in, and she's been showing every single sign of impending labour....apart from labour itself. Kittens are active, she's eating little, but well enough, and this morning, started miaowing...which she has never ever done, she's a quiet girl, and I've never heard her miaow! Can we expect kittens soon?
Hiya I know this post is 3 weeks old but do you remember how many days before delivery Gobolino got milk? My cat, Tigger, is expecting really soon but I'm not exactly sure when. I'm assuming it will be within the next week but still no milk!

Last edited: