First time posting.. Need your advice!!

orleenz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all - I'm a new member and this my first time posting - what a great forum! I've already learned a lot just by reading the other posts.

Some questions.. my sister-in-law has informed me that Science Diet is NOT a healthy cat food, that it "has been shown to cause cancer", etc. Is this really true? If so, what is the best, "healthiest" cat food? I've been feeding my cats nothing but SD for 5 years with no problems.. at least, no recognized problems until I started reading the posts...

Jazz is about 7.. she is a long-haired cat and has recently started throwing up. I thought it may be a hairball since it is summertime and so hot and she may be shedding; but I notice that the vomit is mostly cat food. She will do this for a couple of weeks then stop. Is this normal? Or perhaps she is reacting to the SD? In the past she has done this and the vet has said he can't find anything wrong with her, etc., so I've delayed in bringing her to the vet again and spending $300 to find "nothing wrong.

My other princess seems to be doing just fine... she's a happy and contented kitty.

Ok... that's enough questions for now.. I'd love to hear what you experienced cat lover's think!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't know where she heard that SD causes cancer. Some cats don't tolerate some foods, and if you kitty is vomiting food, you can do a couple of things. You can gradually switch over to another quality food for sensitive stomachs. You can elevate the food bowl, as cats are gulpers and elevating the plate will help them and relax their throat while eating. You can add laxatone as a regular part of your cat's day- just smear it on her paw so she will eventually lick it off.