First Time Mums!

Luna and Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, me and my cat Luna are having our first litter of kittens. I've been keeping a close eye on her as I'm not sure when exactly she's due (I estimated next week) and today I noticed a slightly pink mucous on her vagina which she quickly cleaned up. Now she is constantly cleaning down there, any advice on how long it will be before they arrive?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have any idea when she mated? Did she get outside?

And when did you first feel the kittens moves?

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Luna and Barney Luna and Barney

She is likely within days of going into labor if you are seeing pink discharge.

Please do not let her outside at all anymore.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Luna and Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I didn't realise she was in heat and she escaped, I keep her in most of the time anyway but when she feels like it she will just bolt as soon as the door is open although she doesn't go very far.

I felt them moving about 2 and a half weeks ago.

Yes she is going to be spayed as soon as the kittens are weened.

Luna and Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I have been keeping her in for the last couple of weeks. She's spending most of her time in the dining room so I've set up a little den and have a litter tray and her food and water in there, she seems happy still rolling around the floor looking for cuddles and kisses

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I didn't realise she was in heat and she escaped, I keep her in most of the time anyway but when she feels like it she will just bolt as soon as the door is open although she doesn't go very far.

I felt them moving about 2 and a half weeks ago.

Yes she is going to be spayed as soon as the kittens are weened.
She's getting close!

Make sure she stays in all of the time until she is spayed. Mom can get get pregnant again within a week of delivery, and without going into heat.

How old is she?

Luna and Barney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's only a year and a half, she is definitely on house arrest until the vets. Sounds strange but her stomach went down today for a while? I had a feel and couldn't feel kitties and looked everywhere thinking they'd come very quickly somewhere, but she was back to normal an hour later and I could see and feel them moving. Has anyone experienced this? It has me slightly concerned