First Time Mama Cat Hides Babies In A Wardrobe

Lolasbabies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our cat Lola, first time mom, decided to move her 4 kittens from a kittening box (albeit regular cardboard one) to my son's wardrobe at 3 weeks. The kittens are turning 4 weeks tomorrow. It's cozy and dark in the wardrobe and I don't blame my cat as the place is much more private, however I am now wondering how in the world she is planning to toilet train them and how they will get down from a wardrobe (the shelf is quite hight up, Lola can jump up and down but not the kittens!). Our litter box and all the food bows are obviously all the way downstairs in the kitchen and the patio. The wardrobe is on the 1st floor (2nd floor in American). Any advice?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Move the kittens out of the wardrobe and close off access. It's dangerous for the kittens.

You have a choice: put food, water, and litter on the floor where the kittens reside, or move them to a safe area downstairs where the bowls and litter are now.

Either way, it's important that the room or space be safe for the kittens. They are too young to wander about the house right now. :)