First time having kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that is what I bought,, I mixed up 4oz, gave mom some with her wet food, and she left the food,,lol.. the kittens figured it out too. they would start out biting on the side of bowl..lol. they loved it too..

with my babies being solid black, I was told , by a petco employee, that the females will change colors and the males will stay black? I have never heard this, I dont quite believe that but I am no cat expert..lol... any thoughts?

raina21

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that is what I bought,, I mixed up 4oz, gave mom some with her wet food, and she left the food,,lol.. the kittens figured it out too. they would start out biting on the side of bowl..lol. they loved it too..

with my babies being solid black, I was told , by a petco employee, that the females will change colors and the males will stay black? I have never heard this, I dont quite believe that but I am no cat expert..lol... any thoughts?
I have never heard of that either. I know that solid WHITE kittens often develop the point pattern (often known as the siamese type pattern) but I have never heard of a black cat changing color.

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
their eyes are even black or very dark.

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my babies are growing, 4 1/2 weeks, I have started introducing the mush. 2 have taken to it very well, those are the 2 bigger kitties. which doesn't surprise me. Today one was trying to eat the dry food I have down for Miss kitty. One has started urinating on the side by the fence I have them in, so I put a small about of litter in an aluminum cake pan on the spot.. they thought it something to play in..lol....A couple are scratching in it so hopefully they will start using it.

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

5 Weeks now. All but one is eating the wet food... The other one turns her nose up to it.  One is eating some dry food too. They are using the litter box. As  you can see, I cant tell one from the others.

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
they love this scratching post

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What a cute picture! Do they chase little balls and toy mice too? I love black cats!

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 2 balls in there and yes they bat them around. I saw one hunching his back up ready pounce.. they are running all over and climbing  out of there pen.

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I need to start trying to find places for them. how do I  find an adoption center in my area?.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ideally, the kittens should stay with mom until they are 10-12 weeks old. Is that possible?

janeice

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh I going to wait a few more weeks before I let them go.

about 40 miles east of Houston TX. Baytown/ Mont Belvieu area.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We'll look around for an adoption center. Also try asking friends and relatives for referrals to potential adopters. Shelters are really full this time of year!

Last edited: