First time cat owner...found a stray, HELP!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop the litter once a day, and provide 2 boxes for each cat - one for pee & one for poop (I learned that here at TCS - see how educational it is!
). My cats prefer the JonnyCat UNSCENTED clay litter - fragrance is to please the humans, not the cats, since cats have such sensitive noses - and I mix in a portion of the litter crystals, to keep smell down & to help dehydrate the box. I do change the whole box weekly.
You could consult your vet on bathing the cat, but my experience has been like most others here, that cats generally don't need a bath. However, he will benefit from daily groomin with the slicker brush, to help prevent furballs in his stomach.
He is really a beauty, all right! What a wonderful family you have given him - even his own watchdog! has your dog taken to him yet? I'll bet the predators don't come to your yard much, with a pitbull on duty

BTW, welcome to TCS and we DO love PICS! dog pics, too! *hint, hint*

dustypixie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...
Originally Posted by Lawdood

Perhaps I'll microchip him too eventually.

I was just about to respond and ask you if you had considered this. You are quite a responsible new kitty person!
I have my babies chipped, and it helps me rest so much easier. My cats don't even go outside, but I always feel it's better to be safe than sorry. Chipping is very inexpensive too; I believe we paid $30ish per cat, and when you go online to enter their information into the system it's $17.50. Not too shabby.

Here's their site in case you haven't got much information on the process.
http://homeagainid.com/
It sounds like your new buddy loves you. Congratulations!