First Dream

kittyprincesss

Loving Mother of a Flower Petal
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow guys. I just woke up from my first dream with my fat boy who passed in November.:bouquet:
In my dream, I was laying in bed and Bam had a big habit of headbutting my mouth when he wanted kisses, and this is what he was doing in my dream.
He walked over to me and was headbutting me so hard! Demanding kisses!
Then he walked to the edge of our bed to his spot and plopped down.
He was so healthy in this dream, and the dream felt SO real...So unbelievably real.
In my dream I kept telling my husband "He's here, he's here, I can see him, he's right there"
The overwhelming feeling of him being here, it was so overpowering I woke up in a daze.
I think he visited me last night, for the first time, I'm crying as I type this. My sweetest boy...I miss him so much.

Here is a photo of him with my hairbrush, for almos 20 years we brushed our hair together, it was our special time.
9A302D71-26A8-4E32-9C6A-8377A4B55FF4.jpeg

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's always such a comfort to be visited in our dreams by our beloved furbabies. When my late cat Willie died, I was so impatient for her to visit me and when she finally did about a month later it was the best thing to happen since before she died.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My Svennie visited me about a month after he passed, only I swear it was NOT a dream. I felt the bed move a little, like when they land up on it, and I heard him meow. I didn't see him though. Only felt his presence and heard him. To me, he was telling me he was okay, and that I should be too. (now I'm crying :sniffle:, but they are "good tears" because I felt he was suffering and then knew he was free of that pain)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
It's always such a comfort to be visited in our dreams by our beloved furbabies. When my late cat Willie died, I was so impatient for her to visit me and when she finally did about a month later it was the best thing to happen since before she died.
Yes...exactly how I feel. The giddiness I felt in my dream, it was from out of this world. I was laughing and smiling so much when he was headbutting me. I'm so happy you got to experience that feeling with Willie too:grouphug:

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
My Svennie visited me about a month after he passed, only I swear it was NOT a dream. I felt the bed move a little, like when they land up on it, and I heard him meow. I didn't see him though. Only felt his presence and heard him. To me, he was telling me he was okay, and that I should be too. (now I'm crying :sniffle:, but they are "good tears" because I felt he was suffering and then knew he was free of that pain)
YOU READ MY MIND! My dream felt like real life, like I was back in time, the time when Bam was here. I think Svennie was definitely telling you "I'm okay, don't worry". Because thats what I feel Bam was telling me, he was so happy, he was purring so loud and looked just...beautiful. I can close my eyes and see it now and my heart has not been this full since November:sniffle::bawling: Good tears, yes:rbheart: Seeing him so healthy, lets me know he is back to himself over in The Great Beyond. I am so grateful, I feel blessed beyond belief today.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are definitely blessed to have him come back and give you comfort. I know from my own experiences that in time you will start to doubt what you went through. DON'T! Hold on to that feeling of wonderment, of love. It IS true, love is spiritual, so eternal. Your sweet boy is healed and at peace because of the love you two share. Absolutely nothing can ever take that from you......

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are definitely blessed to have him come back and give you comfort. I know from my own experiences that in time you will start to doubt what you went through. DON'T! Hold on to that feeling of wonderment, of love. It IS true, love is spiritual, so eternal. Your sweet boy is healed and at peace because of the love you two share. Absolutely nothing can ever take that from you......
I agree with this 100%. What happened to you was very real. He came back to let you know that he's OK, he loves you and he's looking out for you. He will continue to until the times comes when you are reunited. Don't listen to anyone who tells you that what you experienced wasn't real. You know in your heart that it absolutely was. Our souls and the souls of our beloved pets are eternal. I'm so happy that you had this experience. It's a life changing moment. Grief can be like a veil. As time goes by, the veil starts to lift and that's when things like this happen. They patiently wait until the time is right to visit and provide some reassurance that they are still around you and will love you forever. RIP Bam. He was such a handsome boy. There's so much love in those beautiful eyes. :rbheart::hugs:

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
di and bob di and bob and Kat0121 Kat0121 , both of your words have brought me to tears, very happy and thankful tears of being understood. :grouphug: Love like ours for our children is eternal and so spiritual. Ever since I had my dream with him, I have felt this peace within my heart. Subconsciously I think I was so worried that he wasn't okay, and was upset with me for letting him go...but that dream made me realize he is okay, like you said Kat. It was life changing. You are absolutely right. Everytime I close my eyes, I see my dream and I can feel his presence around me. It was so healing. Thank you both so much for your kind words. I agree, he was so so handsome. His eyes were my favorite to look into:hugs:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
di and bob di and bob and Kat0121 Kat0121 , both of your words have brought me to tears, very happy and thankful tears of being understood. :grouphug: Love like ours for our children is eternal and so spiritual. Ever since I had my dream with him, I have felt this peace within my heart. Subconsciously I think I was so worried that he wasn't okay, and was upset with me for letting him go...but that dream made me realize he is okay, like you said Kat. It was life changing. You are absolutely right. Everytime I close my eyes, I see my dream and I can feel his presence around me. It was so healing. Thank you both so much for your kind words. I agree, he was so so handsome. His eyes were my favorite to look into:hugs:
Bringing peace to your heart was his goal. Mission accomplished. Hold onto that memory and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it happened again. They know we need reassurance from time to time and they give it to us when we least expect it. The bond you have with him is forever. I'm glad you feel better and so is he. :hugs:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Your post made me cry. I am both happy and sad for you. Happy that you are given the chance to feel and see him once again, and sad because I can also feel how much you miss him to this day. Sometimes the feeling after having that kind of dream is overwhelming.

I had a dog, my first dog who passed away decades ago. I loved that dog very much. Until this day, each time I think of him brings me tears. Once in a while he also visits me in my dreams, especially in my lowest of lows he would appear. In my dreams I can feel his fur and smell him once again. Each time I wake up I would cry so hard until it seems that my heart would explode. I guess the grief from having lost him is not really over. It is just like a dormant volcano that can erupt anytime, when the sadness is all too much.

kittyprincesss

Adult Cat
Purraise
Maria Bayote Maria Bayote :rbheart: My kind friend. It is so bittersweet to know I will spend the rest of my life missing him, he was my first son.

Oh honey, THAT is how I feel about my dear Enriquetta. I sob watching her videos still, I sleep next to her urn still. The love I have for her, I can tell its how your love is for him. My dreams with her always hit me like a ton of bricks, she smelled like maple syrup and in those dreams I can smell her too. Her precious fur, so soft. Hearing it put into words as a volcano, that resonates so much because it is exactly that. I know deep down, my grief for her will never be over, I talk about her almost every day. To all the new people I meet, I always talk about her. Every calico I see, she is my core memory. Too special for words, too special for this world. Hugs, Maria. Thank you for always understanding me.:grouphug2:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How wonderful, that Bam came visiting! Sometimes that happens while sleeping, sometimes while awake. I've found that the sleeping visitations do not feel dreamlike in the least, all five senses are involved, they are in vivid color, and they do not have any of the hazy quality that dreams so often have...in fact, they tend to be incredibly sharp and focused, almost as if the loved one is consciously telling us "THIS IS NOT A DREAM!" He may come again, especially at times when you are down, but now you do know that he is just fine, and will be waiting for you someday when it is your turn to step from This Adventure to your Next Great Adventure.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The bond you both shared was memorable which is why I'm sure you had that dream. :hugs: I can tell you from personal experience there will be more dreams but they will always be pleasant. Treasure them as you treasure your beautiful boy and all the happiness he brought into your life.:rbheart:

emelyssa

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That sounds exactly like the type of visitation dream I sometimes have. It's your cat, absolutely, really and in every way your cat. You know it's really them. It is a comfort to hear that others have this experience, as well. I believe these dreams are true visitations.