First contact

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldnt post the link directly, people who are not members here can go in there and delete your pics .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestion Pami. Didnt reaslise people would do such things. The minds of some always surprise me. Now, guess I should work out how to delete it.

X

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by brawlass

Thanks for the suggestion Pami. Didnt reaslise people would do such things. The minds of some always surprise me. Now, guess I should work out how to delete it.

X
Just hit the edit button under the post and delte and then post them like you did the other one.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Lynn
we're so happy to welcome you and Kahuna to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Kahuna is gorgeous! I'm so glad that his tail didn't have to be amputated.

On photobucket you can go into your options screen and make your album private. That way, although you can post links to photos, nobody else can alter your album.

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks flisssweetpea. All too new to me. I usually leave all the technical things to my friend so I don't break anything (believe me I have managed this many times), as he is the one left to fix it. Having been around various forums, I wasn't sure if the photo I posted was maybe a bit toooooooo big! The fact that with help from Pami, I even managed the first one is a success for me

I have just bought my first digi camera and getting loads of Kahuna pics although I have to say he seems to be getting a bit fed up with me disturbing him. My few other photos are all from my mobile so not the best. But I will try the photobucket suggestion.

Thanks again. Take care x

brawlass

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Huffypeg

Hi - Welcome to you and Kahuna. He's a beautiful boy. Thanks for sharing Kahuna's story. What a miracle boy. I'm glad you got a second opinion.
The second opinion was more by luck than anything else. I had already decided that the vet I saw initally was NO good. He only handled by scruffing kahuna and basically shouted at me when I accidentaly let him go. Sorry but I was scared as heck with being in my first ever emergency. Kahuna was not displaying signs of being terrified so the scruffing was not needed. Also, there were issues for me regarding the time between appointments. (no washing down of tables. The previous furbabe was not even out the consulting room door as we were called). I was assured by this guy that in NO WAY would Kahuna EVER get ANY feeling back in his tail. A tail that now stands over his back and proud! Luckily, on the next visit I saw a different vet that did not even go near the carrier and let Kahuna come out on his own while talking to me. She was very positive and had NO thought of amputation. I had gone that day with directions to a different vet so as to get a 2nd opinion and only returned due to the fact that Kahuna does not travel well and had chosen a vet where parking was close.

I have since and will continue to make appointments with the 'nice' vet. I shudder to think that I came so close to allowing someone to put Kahuna through something so drastic. Guess only us slaves know our furbabes best.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Lyn and Kahuna

and welcome! So glad you're here and want to give a big THANK YOU for rescuing, loving, and sticking by Kahuna through thick and thin and zigzaggy tails! Yunno, my Nicolas T. Cat has the same thing going on with his tail.
I think it's a result of his being in an engine block when he was still outdoors as a straggly kitten in our old neighborhood. His tail was fine before that, when he first started coming around. Needless to say, I brought him right inside after his tail started being zigzaggy, and even though he doesn't ever raise it perpendicular like most cats, it is a magnificent tail, and Nick is over 16 years young, and our resident Lion Kinglet.

People who do bad things to, or even think bad things about, cats, should be vaporized! I'd gladly volunteer for the job, too...

This is a great site and forum and Nikki T. Cat especially welcomes Kahuna, and you!