First cat (kitten!) She doesn’t have a name just yet.

minish

minish first..
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lovely family and congrats for the new house :hearthrob:
For leaving kitty safely just imagine a puppy who can and wants to climb. It's not only the energy but also the joy of accomplishment.
I removed my climbable curtains for about 6 months. Minish also used to climb all the way up the screen door with fly net, incisioned a tear on top, and climbed down the other side. Although her self management and problem solving skills appreciated, she taught us to open screen doors for her when she put a claw on it and do a single meow as she looked up towards the former tear we had fixed..
Same with thin glasses. Although they are much better than ballerinas or yoga masters when they choose to be, kicking off from a high surface is fun. I changed all my glasses to cheap ikea 1 cm thick. In case..
Most troubles you will hear the end result, but one thing is very dangerous that have taken kitten lives. An upward v shaped opening of windows. They get suspended from their ribs, can't move out and may suffocate. you will not hear it

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a question. At what point would you let a kitten have free roam of the house?
Not sure, exactly. But I'd say not for a while yet. At 9 weeks, there's way too much trouble she could get into / under.

Is there a way to edit post I'm not aware of? :lol:
Once you reach 20 posts and 5 days of membership, members are allowed to edit their own posts for 120 minutes after submissions

Climbing my fireplace... :hyper:
Yikes! That's why she can't have full run of the house on her own yet. :lol:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is safe to leave them in a kitten proof room. I would leave unattended kittens in the safe room up to 4 months at least! Part of it depends on how curious/destructive/death defying your kitten is. When in doubt, don’t leave them alone. 9 week old kittens are so small they get into dangerous going’s (walls, car engines, under fridges) & they chew on wires! Plus they can climb things like cute furry ninjas! Add in that they may eat something that is poisonous and well little kittens (or as I call them minions) Scare the heck out of you even in a safe room!!!