Firm stool with slightly soft end? Does the stool looks alright?

Babypotato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Sorry to post a stool photo. I'm a first time cat mom and need some help about cat stool. My cat Potato occasionally has firm stool with soft end. The end still has the shape but with light color and slightly soft. Does the stool look okay or need to monitor/check with vet? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello, Sorry to post a stool photo. I'm a first time cat mom and need some help about cat stool. My cat Potato occasionally has firm stool with soft end. The end still has the shape but with light color and slightly soft. Does the stool look okay or need to monitor/check with vet? Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

At the look of it, I would say that Potato's stool looks normal. The color of the stool indicates what has been eaten and the texture denotes the health of the gut. Cats like us, sometimes have problems with our digestive system. Sometimes we get nice firm stools and sometimes not so. It all happens in the digestive period and what the gut can process.

My boy sometimes have soft ends with normal firm stool at the beginning and so I don't think you need to worry to much about Potato's stool. As long as the stool is not tarred, meaning it could mean that there's internal bleeding.

It is good to monitor and check your cat's stool all the time.

Here's two charts to help you monitor

bristol-stool-chart 2.jpg

Cat poop colour.png.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypotato

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

At the look of it, I would say that Potato's stool looks normal. The color of the stool indicates what has been eaten and the texture denotes the health of the gut. Cats like us, sometimes have problems with our digestive system. Sometimes we get nice firm stools and sometimes not so. It all happens in the digestive period and what the gut can process.

My boy sometimes have soft ends with normal firm stool at the beginning and so I don't think you need to worry to much about Potato's stool. As long as the stool is not tarred, meaning it could mean that there's internal bleeding.

It is good to monitor and check your cat's stool all the time.

Here's two charts to help you monitor

View attachment 449669

View attachment 449670
Thank you for the detailed reply. A lot useful information. I'm less worried now. Will keep monitoring.