Fireworks And Feral Cats

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Do they get so scared they run away forever? Fireworks been shooting off since 3am and it’s now 6:30 pm. I’m worried as usual.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m crying. I’ll miss them so much. Treasure was finally domesticated and this happens. My heart is heavy.

If my Mom wasn’t so stubborn this tragedy never would have happened.
My heart is breaking in two.

Last edited:

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
It's no different than a storm to them. They'll come back when they feel it's safe.

You are really underestimating how hard it is to make cats not come back, lol.
Ok thanks. Each new experience with ferals makes me worry because honestly I feel like joining the cats wherever they went. Some are sounding scary enough to relocate to another planet 16 straight hours is overkill.

The rate these neighbors are going it will be Christmas when the cats return.

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They will be back before you can believe it! They are really more resilient than we are. Give them time. Think of squirrels, they could give a crap the next day - they are out and about foraging for their next meal.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
They will hide in their safe spot and be back in a day or two. It's not a fun experience but they should be fine. Extra treats when they return to make up for silly humans scaring them

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. I won’t survive til Sunday waiting. I’m so distraught

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no. My heart is breaking. They'll never return. Fireworks set their bushes they hide in on fire and I guess they went running farther away. I was so close to getting Shaman tamed. As such this is my last post. :(

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh no. My heart is breaking. They'll never return. Fireworks set their bushes they hide in on fire and I guess they went running farther away. I was so close to getting Shaman tamed. As such this is my last post. :(
They will return. It might take a little longer but have faith they will return.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok Treasure is outside now. Don't see Shaman but I'm sure she's ok. Lot of property damage and a busted window from last night fireworks though. I did leave food outside but not sure who ate it. May have been the racoon which I saw got run off when a firework almost came flying by him and he hightailed it out of there. I gave the racoon a pass last night as I'm sure they were all scared. You could not see much though the smoke was so bad. And I am very tired. Wok up at 4 am yesterday to fireworks being shot off and that was non stop to 2 am this morning.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh seriously? Neighbors out there again with their fireworks. And the cops just told us "It was the 4th of July. Deal with it or move to another country" I can't believe it. We have extensive damage to our property because of last night's fireworks and get this response.

I'm not worried about the cats though. They survived last night so I'm sure they'll survive today. I am however worried about this neighborhood going up in flames

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep we did. It shouldn't surprise me. Our entire village is under investigation (including the police force) and has been in the news for past 2 years

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got an invitation to meet and greet the cops at a donut shop. Been there done that with them before and nothing is done. Guess they were too busy planning this to put a stop to the damaging fireworks

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
How can you tell if a cat is depressed vs scared? Treasure has been a bit lethargic and has been hanging in the stairwell all afternoon. Of course she could be just sleepy because of the fireworks last night. Mom is screaming at me to lock up so we can set the alarm. I hate closing the door on Treasure but what can I do. My heart breaks every time I shut that door.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hopefully her hearing is ok, and she is in recovery mode, so to speak after all the chaos.

Scared is big eyes and tension in the body.

Depressed is an overall quietness without contentment.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. She’s quiet but seems content. Is it possible she’s just sleepy and feels safe here? As usual I’m worried