Firecracker countdown.........

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry just isn't enough to say about Octavia, words just are inadequate.
The best I can do is send you a big

Poor little Firecracker. I hope he gets better soon and you get to bring the adorable little baby home in the very near future.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooh! That looks so painful!
Poor Firecracker!
Hopefully he'll heal up soon so he can join that crazy band of Bengals.

He'd best get out of the way during the food stampede though!

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial, how's Firecracker doing? Did they ever find out where the scratches come from? Any idea when he is coming home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all of you for your thoughts about Octavia. She was cremated and is now in a place of honor on our mantle in a very nice urn with her picture next to it.
It's pretty hard to realize those ashes are the wonderful crazy fun girl we had in our midst just weeks ago. Still, she is near and that's some comfort.

Back to Firecracker...........

His breeder has been in contact and his wound is healing pretty well. His breeder resides in Florida and we attend many shows down there so we may be able to meet up soon, as early as August for the TICA annual in Orlando.
Hopefully we can get him then.

The only possibilty for his wound, is self inflicted as he was seperated from all other cats when this occured because he was actively being campaigned in CFA shows at the time and his breeder didn't want any issues.

I'm thinking a mosquito may have bit him and it itched like crazy. Cats are never good at moderating themselves when something itches.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nial so sorry you lost Octavia again.
I have the ashes of 4 of my cats here.
Oreo had a cut like that because Cleo bit her and it took 2 months to heal.
Cleo plays rough.
I hope you will get Firecracker in August and I hope he gets better fast.
This I took when it was almost healed.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have colloidol silver in the States, Nial? I've used that on a wound Tales has had for 2 months - it just hasn't been healing. I used it last night for the first time and in 24 hours it has almost healed it.
I use the triple strength gel.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Nial, I'm sorry to see that Firecracker has such a nasty looking wound and that it means you have to wait that bit longer.

How's your little beauty doing now? Is he recovering? Any idea what caused it? Lily appeared with a similar, but much smaller looking graze on the bare skin just at the entrance of her ear two days ago - I think she was mountaineering in the garage (we try to keep her out of there) and probably grazed her ear on the brick wall. Singapuras are intrepid adventurers, but I guess you're used to that!