Fiproguard Plus for Cats

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone heard of this flea medication? What are your thoughts on it?
Thanks!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its made by Sergeant's, that alone will keep me from ever trying it.
Not quite as many as Hartz, but they are just as guilty of continuing to manufacture and sell deadly pet products.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

Not quite as many as Hartz, but they are just as guilty of continuing to manufacture and sell deadly pet products.
Ok, thanks! That alone will make me stay away from it. I will just continue to use Advantage

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did a little searching. The ingredients in both products are fipronil and methoprene. Of course there are what they call inert ingredients too. Has anyone tried this product on their cats.

missamy018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I just saw this stuff yesterday at PetSmart, noticed it was new, looked closer, saw "Sergeant's" and thought the exact same thing you said! No way I'll try it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's the same ingredients as Frontline, I don't see the difference. I agree that Sergeant's has a bad track record, but I'm sure that Merial and Bayer make some dangerous products as well. it's up to the buyer to research ingredients. I think I'll probably wait a while, let any possible problems surface before I use it, but on paper it looks good.

I'm sure Merial is quite annoyed that their patent ran out and now anyone can use fipronil in their flea products, but that doesn't mean the other products are less safe than Frontline.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hardly matters.
I will never, knowingly, spend my money on any product made by Hartz or Seargent's, as they refuse to remove their deadly products from shelves.
Nothing at all to do with ingredients.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I guess I read that as "it's made by Sergeant's so it must be unsafe", not "I personally make the choice to boycott Sergeant's because I don't agree with their business practices". Glad to clear that up

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willowy

If it's the same ingredients as Frontline, I don't see the difference. I agree that Sergeant's has a bad track record, but I'm sure that Merial and Bayer make some dangerous products as well. it's up to the buyer to research ingredients. I think I'll probably wait a while, let any possible problems surface before I use it, but on paper it looks good.

I'm sure Merial is quite annoyed that their patent ran out and now anyone can use fipronil in their flea products, but that doesn't mean the other products are less safe than Frontline.
.... research