FIP

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got an email from Thirsty Cat Fountains, whose listserv I am on. In the email are several topics including this potentially explosive-in-a-great-way one:
FIP – ThirstyCat Fountains
Please share this with every cat lover/carer/veterinarian you know!
I have lost two beloveds to FIP, years ago. I surely would have been running to get this if it had been available. In their memories, I am sharing this, with heartfelt *PRAYERS* and much, much hope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We lost a very young cat to FIP and it was devastating to watch him suffer. I hope this treatment will be approved and made available through normal channels soon.
*From your keyboard...!* My beloved Sun lived an almost full life, leaving us at just around 16 with the assistance I knew he was asking for. He was thought to have dry form FIP and his wonderful doctor gave him regular injections of Immunoregulin along with B-12 and steroids when he determined they were warranted. The hospital and team that helped him cross the Bridge made a donation in his memory for FIP research. Tiny Koala Naomi, just shy of 3 months, left us after receiving the vax, which I will never get again but which I thought was the responsible thing to do in light of losing Sun, the night before we planned to take her back in due to what I believe was vax-induced wet form FIP.

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^It’s generally understood by researchers right now that it’s not a vaccine specifically or something in the ingredients that can kickstart the development of FIP, but rather that events that are stressful in some way can be the trigger in cats that are already prone to developing FIP. Vet visits, spay/neuter operations, bringing home a new pet, moving, etc have all been suggested as stressful event triggers. Which cats are prone to it and why is the real one million dollar question, because large numbers of cats have exposure FCoV and will never develop FIP, but a small percentage will.

we’ve had a few threads here recently about people using GS, I’m so glad to see it’s becoming more well known! When I first joined a group related to it in summer 2019 there were only around 2000 members, by last summer the same group had over 29,000 members 😯

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^It’s generally understood by researchers right now that it’s not a vaccine specifically or something in the ingredients that can kickstart the development of FIP, but rather that events that are stressful in some way can be the trigger in cats that are already prone to developing FIP. Vet visits, spay/neuter operations, bringing home a new pet, moving, etc have all been suggested as stressful event triggers. Which cats are prone to it and why is the real one million dollar question, because large numbers of cats have exposure FCoV and will never develop FIP, but a small percentage will.

we’ve had a few threads here recently about people using GS, I’m so glad to see it’s becoming more well known! When I first joined a group related to it in summer 2019 there were only around 2000 members, by last summer the same group had over 29,000 members 😯
YES to all of your posted comments.