FIP after all

big mondowski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, thanks to everyone here who read, responded to my posts, and sent me PMs about Sherman, his illness, and ideas for helping him. I expect I'll still be around but hopefully less in the health section and more in the fun sections.

Sherman lost his battle today. He put up a good fight and he and we gave it everything we could, but ultimately his body betrayed him and the strength of his enormous spirit wasn't enough. He'd been stable, even improving, for a while so we kept hoping against hope that it was something else, something that we could get through. But when he went downhill again, it was precipitous and very very fast. Monday was a good day, eating, appetite, good energy. Tuesday morning, his back legs started failing and his balance was poor. Wednesday, he was like Bambi on ice and couldn't orient himself. This morning, he really couldn't walk at all.

He and I spent the whole night cuddling, and we had a long talk. He was ready. He wasn't in pain, but he had to give up, he had nothing left. Right before my alarm went off, I drifted off to sleep. I had a dream that my mother (who passed away 4.5 years ago of pancreatic cancer) was feeding him ice cream, and he was healthy, happy, and loving being spoiled. So I knew I was leaving him in good hands. He went peacefully at the vets a few hours later.

He wasn't even two, but he left deeper pawprints on our hearts than some cats we've shared many more years with. He was unique, and absolutely wonderful, and I don't think that void will ever be filled completely. But now I need to focus on the other kitties here at home who still need love, pets, playtime, litter scooping, feeding, and all the rest of life going on.

Godspeed, Sherman. You were deeply loved and will be forever missed.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry you lost your cat today. We can cry together. Hugs and blessings to you.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sherman was very lucky to have you in his short life. I want to say so much more, but I think that sums everything up. He was a very lucky kitty...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big mondowski

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

Sherman was very lucky to have you in his short life. I want to say so much more, but I think that sums everything up. He was a very lucky kitty...
Thank you. But I think we were the lucky ones. He was amazing.