Fingerless gloves?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had a 20% off coupon for the local hospital's gift shop and not being able to resist a discount, I went to check out what they had. I found a pair of fingerless gloves that were so cute. They had openings for each finger, and then a mitten like piece that could be attached with a button. Believe it or not, I've never seen or heard of fingerless gloves before. They were $22.00, which I thought was kind of expensive, even with the coupon. I didn't buy them (used my coupon on a pack of headache powders, a definite need at the time) and now I'm having regrets. I could have worn them at my job, where I have to use way to many keys just to get into the building where I work. Ah, when will I learn to buy something I want when I see it?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! $22?! That's expensive. You can buy those kinds of gloves in any department store that sells gloves. Check out Walmart or another such store.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I saw a pair of black fingerless gloves at Petco for a dollar (no mitten finger covers though)

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
These are the only kind I wear!
Lol.. Target usually sells them at a good price too. Otherwise Kohls might and I know Urban Outfitters definitely does. (Kohls has some great coupon codes right now too)

Target also has "Hand Warmers" which is like a leg warmer for your hand.. lol you don't have individual fingers, its just one big open hole, but your fingers are all free, plus thumb.
I love these ones on lighter days or to use at work when I'm freezing.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just checked Kohls.. if you look under Accessories they are on sale for $6 down from $10. You can get the standard fingerless gloves or the mitten convertible for this price.
Plus if you have a Kohls card, use SAVEATKOHLS for 30% off (end price of $4.20) woohoo

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use them when I am shoveling in the winter. I always end up too warm and in just a sweater, and the full gloves make my hands sweat, so the fingerless ones give me some cool air.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have these been around for years and I'm just now seeing them?

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They have been around ages but its not something that you see around a lot I don't think.You can get really cute ones with the finger covers really cheap.x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Melorix

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Three pairs of fingerless gloves for about $8 total (S&H included). No mitten covers, but they do the job well enough. I got them for work -- my hands get cold often but I still need to be able to type. Works like a charm.
Those are great. And I have tiny hands, almost like a child, so it wouldn't bother me that they are small. (That was a complaint in one of the reviews.)

Can't believe I've just discovered fingerless gloves and I've been fumbling to unlock three gates, one padlock, one deadbolt and one regular lock while wearing gloves in the winter for years. Wroking in a prison has its disadvantages.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

Believe it or not, I've never seen or heard of fingerless gloves before.
That's because aside from working out and bicycling, fingerless gloves are mostly useless and just a fashion statement. Its not your palms that get cold first, its your fingers.

Much better would be to find some gloves that have good dexterity, so you don't have to take them off to work.

When its cold out here for example, I wear my Mechanix gloves, and I have no problem handling even the finest small tools, nuts, and bolts with them.

princessesme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

That's because aside from working out and bicycling, fingerless gloves are mostly useless and just a fashion statement. Its not your palms that get cold first, its your fingers.
That's why I love the convertibles (the ones that turn into mittens). I can stay warm when I don't really need to use my finger tips, then VOILA! flip the mitten part down and my fingers are back.

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use fingerless gloves a lot in winter when I do the work around the farm, wonderful things