Finding your TCS twin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what are your cats named, & why (assuming there's a reason!)? Jack Daniels Joe Mason, I wanted him to have kind of a rock n roll type name.

how many brothers/sisters do you have? 2- 1 brother and 1 sister

do you own or rent (or are you lucky enough to still live with your parents)? I still bum it with mom and dad

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your fave food?
Roast dinner - roast potatoes, cabbage, carrot & swede, yorkshire pud, stuffing and veggie gravy with some veggie/soya thing on the side.

Are you married?
Nope

Want to be?
Nope, but I'm open to change my mind if I meet 'the one'

Favourite outfit you own?
Jeans and jumpers!

Hobby?
Movies, books, kittens, cars, horse racing

favorite band?
Marilyn Manson

what do you do in your free time?
Read, watch tv, go to the pub and clean my home after kittens have made a mess!

Favorite sport?
Formula 1

Favorite season?
Autumn and Winter - prefer to be cold and snuggled in jumpers than too hot

Favorite song?
Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits. Always makes me think of my brother, and how much I miss him.

What are you good at?
Listening, good grasp of spelling and grammar although no where near perfect!

What is one of your strengths?
I'm intelligent and able to apply logic to most situations.

What are you afraid of?
My Dad dieing, leaving me with no family. Oh, and the dark. And earwigs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by freecake

What is your fave food?
Chocolate, spaghetti and sauce with soy ground beef, Pindi Masala, Chinese lo mein

Are you married?
No but my boyfriend and I have been together for about 4 years, and it's nice.

Want to be?
Weddings sort of wig me out. They're this tradition I can't get a handle on because I guess i'm very different than other people. I believe in monogomy and being faithful and stuff, it's the actual ceremony and such.

Not a specific one, but when i go on interviews I have a specific outfit I wear that I feel really comfortable in, like that.

Hobby?
Internet craziness, sometimes I'll do custom clothing sewing but I'm not really good at it, I love foreign films, esp. Japanese horror (think Ringu)

favorite band?
Rasputina, Dresden Dolls, Dame Darcy, Voltaire, David Bowie, NIN

Go online or run around Manhattan

Favorite sport?
I don't really like sports at all but sometimes I'll watch syncronized diving or gymnastics. I like to play softball, I guess.

Favorite season?
Fall

Favorite song?
Ooh that's so hard.

What are you good at?
Writing, editing, internet sleuthing, singing.

Taking care of my personal life - i.e. having a good diet, getting my bills paid on time, saving money.

What are you afraid of?
death. it's quite scary to me.
I like what I see you and I have quite a lot in common

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your fave food?
Pan-Asian Cuisine!!!! Especially Japanese....mmmmmmm

Are you married?
Nope

Want to be?
I didn't want to be until I met Ian. Now I feel this overwhelming desire to legally bind him to me....mwahaha!

I hate to admit this, but...if it came from The Gap, it's probably my favorite outfit.

Hobby?
Kitties! And reading. I think music has ceased to be a hobby and has become more of a ...vocation.

favorite band?
Well, she's not a band, but Ani DiFranco. I'm also sort of in love with Ben Folds, but he's not a band either.

Here is a picture of my friends and I with Ben Folds:

What is this free time you speak of??

Favorite sport?
I really hate 99.99999% of sports (on account of sucking hopelessly at ALL SPORTS EVER), but I really do enjoy cycling.

Favorite season?
Spring, with fall being a close second.

Favorite song?
Top 3:
1. Blackbird, The Beatles
2. Wild Horses, The Rolling Stones
3. Imagine, John Lennon

What are you good at?
Hopefully, playing the flute!

I'm very ambitious and very self-motivated. It's also incredibly difficult to scare or intimidate me.

What are you afraid of?
Needles, total uncertainty, losing one/both of my cats

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your fave food?
Really good pizza w/cheesy bread as an appetizer and lots of cold beer!!

Are you married?
Yes

Want to be?
See above

Really don't have one at the moment. I like my Packer shirts though.

Hobby?
Gardening, creating "yard art"

favorite band?
The Stones

Read, gardening and weeding, enjoying a "cold one"

Favorite sport?
None really-have to watch football now and as my sis is a college coach have to "enjoy" swimming" when she is around!!

Favorite season?
Spring and Autumn: Glad to see my plants again after the winter and glad to see them go come fall.

Favorite song?
Paradise by the dashboard lights-Meatloaf. Was a good ole song in college!!

What are you good at.
Gardening (of course), cooking and some "handicrafts" (ie sewing)

What is one of your strengths:
I like to follow through on a project and I'm organized (I have a herb/spice chart on the door of my spice cabinet so I know what I have and where it is)

What are you afraid of:
Kindof weird- losing my glasses.

So is any one as wishy washy am I
I don't know??

What are you cats names and why.
OX-cause when I got him he broke through the wooden thing covering the cat flap and got outside
Grizzly-Hubby name her (she's a big cuddly grizzlybear!!)
Bobber-Hubby again no imagination as she is American Bobtail

Bakker- he liked to knead on my head as a young kitten

How many brothers/sisters.
One- my twin sister!!

Do you own or rent?
Paid off the mortgage 5 yrs ago

So what is your favorite color and why???
(green-because of gardening and the packers I think!!)

What are you good at?
Listening, good grasp of spelling and grammar although no where near perfect!

I'm intelligent and able to apply logic to most situations.

What are you afraid of?
My Dad dieing, leaving me with no family. Oh, and the dark. And earwigs.[/quote]

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What is your fave food?
I love ethnic foods, chinese, mexican, italian, greek, indian, mmmmm.. And health foods and chocolate!!!

Are you married?
Nope

Want to be?
Someday I do. And I want kids, 2 or 3 of them.

I know this sounds bad but I am really into brands. Tommy, Ralph, and Calvin are some of my best friends...

Hobby?
Kitties! And reading. Music and cooking.

favorite band?
Razorback Marching Band, 350 members strong! YAY!!!! Okay sorry had to give a shout out to my peeps. I spent 5 years with them, I will always have a soft spot for them. I really enjoy the beatles, Simon and Garfunkle, Bush, Nirvana, I have really wide taste in music.

what do you do in your free time? Study. Sit here on tcs and putting off studying.....

Favorite sport?
Drum corps. For those of you that say marching band is not a sport, watch these bands. Amazing, And from someone who has been in one, I am still amazed at what they can do.

Favorite season?
Everything but summer. I look the best in sweaters jeans and fluffy winter coats. But I dont look so hot in summer clothes.

Favorite song?
Princess Leia's theme from star wars: IV A New Hope

What are you good at?
I am a good teacher, I play piccolo very well, and the flute too. I am good with children and animals.

I am able to put people at ease very quickly.

What are you afraid of?
Needles, Snakes (deathly) Death, both my own and my parents.

Favorite Movie: Classic Star wars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the carribean

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is your fave food?
Seafood, especially shrimp and crab. Pasta, too. And Chinese. (okay, I like food)

Are you married?
Yep, second time. Almost 3 years this time. 11 the first time.

Jeans & a sweatshirt.

Hobby?
Cooking, reading, writing poetry, animals, kids.

Favorite band?
Sarah McLachlan, not really a band, though. Same with Tori Amos.

What do you do in your free time?
Read, spend time on the computer, listen to music.

Favorite sport?
None. Sorry, I don't like sports.

Favorite season?
Autumn. The colors, the smell, the temperatures...I love it all, except the allergies!

Favorite song?
No way I could pick just one. I have over 400 cds!

What are you good at?
I'm a kid and animal magnet. They gravitate to me.

I'm a good friend, anyone knows that I will do anything within my power for a friend in need.

What are you afraid of?
Losing one of my children.

Favorite Movie?
Depends on my mood...Right now I'd say City of Angels, even though it rips up my heart every time I see it.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ

What is your fave food?

favorite band?
Razorback Marching Band, 350 members strong! YAY!!!! Okay sorry had to give a shout out to my peeps. I spent 5 years with them, I will always have a soft spot for them. I really enjoy the beatles, Simon and Garfunkle, Bush, Nirvana, I have really wide taste in music.

what do you do in your free time? Study. Sit here on tcs and putting off studying.....

Favorite sport?
Drum corps. For those of you that say marching band is not a sport, watch these bands. Amazing, And from someone who has been in one, I am still amazed at what they can do.

What are you good at?
I am a good teacher, I play piccolo very well, and the flute too. I am good with children and animals.
Oooh, a fellow flutist!

I'm a performance girl, I totally FAIL at marching corps (like the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, so I went to conservatory with no marching band!) and would rather be sitting in an orchestra any day of the week nailing down excerpts, but a flutist is a flutist and we're all family!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Favorite food- anything Mexican
Married-happily unmarried to a wonderful guy for 20 years
Outfit-scrubs
Color-black until they come up with something darker
Favorite band-Social Distortion, Webb Wilder & the Nash Vegans,
Favorite song-Crown Of Thorns by SD, Tough It Out by Webb Wilder
Hobby-currently don't have one, I'm fickle about hobbies
Free time-calming down 2 drama queen friends, or maybe that's a hobby, motorcycle rides
Sport-NASCAR
Season-Autimn
Good at-massage
Strength-I can get along with anyone
Afraid of-losing my sweetie
Favorite movie-Sin City, Pulp Fiction, Boondocks Saints

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Oooh, a fellow flutist!

I'm a performance girl, I totally FAIL at marching corps (like the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen, so I went to conservatory with no marching band!) and would rather be sitting in an orchestra any day of the week nailing down excerpts, but a flutist is a flutist and we're all family!
I love concert band as well. I have had the honor of playing some really cool stuff. Like everyone I have played my share of sousa, and holst, some stuff by granger and holsinger. We played damnation of faust by berliotz, folk dances by shostochovich last year and that was a lot of fun. Great pic part. Marching band and Concert band are really 2 very different monsters though. Something about sitting on a stage with lights on you with a full house there for no other reason than to hear the music that you are about to make. The process is what makes the music so worth it. You hear a song and you think okay yeah its cool. When you spend 45 hours learning it, it has a different meaning for you.

Now marching band during football season is neat because you are playing to 72,000 screaming fans (how much our home stadium holds, not sure about little rock, but it is more fun than fayetteville) on the grass wearing a uniform that signifies a 200 year history of the campus and band program, performing a pregame that has not changed in almost 50 years, knowing that when you are done that you are a part of the tradition. It gives you goosebumps.

Drum corps is the best though because it is such hard work, the music is more difficult, nothing below perfect is accepted, and you know that every competition you go to you have the respect of everyone else because they are a fan or have or will go through it themselves. You know that a set that you work so hard on in practice that will wiz by football fans with out even a nod of approval will get a standing ovation at drum corps.

Not to mention they are all just a blast to be in for nothing else than the friends and the shared expirences.

Here is a pic of the piccolo section at the U of A from 2 years ago. (Here we do not have flutes in marching band, everyone plays piccolo.)

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxy_loves_CJ

I love concert band as well. I have had the honor of playing some really cool stuff. Like everyone I have played my share of sousa, and holst, some stuff by granger and holsinger. We played damnation of faust by berliotz, folk dances by shostochovich last year and that was a lot of fun. Great pic part. Marching band and Concert band are really 2 very different monsters though. Something about sitting on a stage with lights on you with a full house there for no other reason than to hear the music that you are about to make. The process is what makes the music so worth it. You hear a song and you think okay yeah its cool. When you spend 45 hours learning it, it has a different meaning for you.

Now marching band during football season is neat because you are playing to 72,000 screaming fans (how much our home stadium holds, not sure about little rock, but it is more fun than fayetteville) on the grass wearing a uniform that signifies a 200 year history of the campus and band program, performing a pregame that has not changed in almost 50 years, knowing that when you are done that you are a part of the tradition. It gives you goosebumps.

Drum corps is the best though because it is such hard work, the music is more difficult, nothing below perfect is accepted, and you know that every competition you go to you have the respect of everyone else because they are a fan or have or will go through it themselves. You know that a set that you work so hard on in practice that will wiz by football fans with out even a nod of approval will get a standing ovation at drum corps.

Not to mention they are all just a blast to be in for nothing else than the friends and the shared expirences.

Here is a pic of the piccolo section at the U of A from 2 years ago. (Here we do not have flutes in marching band, everyone plays piccolo.)
Yeah, I was never patient with the art of marching. It wasn't for me! I really don't have the stamina for band camp or wearing those outfits in 90 degree heat either either...I truly admire anyone who can pull that stuff off. Wow!

But man, there's something competely, 100% moving and almost out-of-body about playing the works of the masters. My proudest moment was the first time I was on stage at Orchestra Hall in Chicago's Symphony Center when I was 17, playing principal picc on Holst's The Planets. I think I knew then that the deal was sealed, even though my summers at Interlochen made me 99% that this is what I want to do. But that night it was settled. I would be a musician.