Finding bones my cat will eat

emily19

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’ve been feeding our cat a raw diet for about a year without any issues until now.  Usually I give him chicken necks for the bone portion of his diet.  While making his food this time around I couldn’t seem to find any chicken necks.  I tried a couple butchers but the best I could find were chicken backs.  We used a meat cleaver and cut them up as much as we could to make it easier for him to eat but he still won't eat the bone.

We offered him whole chicken wings a couple months ago and those were a bust.  I have some rabbit bone in his food but it’s such a small amount percentage-wise it isn’t enough to cover what he needs (the same goes for the little bit of sardine).  Are there any other easy to find small bones I can try using? 

Here’s a photo of the bone in the chicken back we cut up (after he picked out all the "good stuff").  I don't think the pieces are much bigger than what he gets in the neck so I don't know if he's just being stubborn or not.  He's also not a big fan of skin either.

citrineblue

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Small poultry such as Quail for a work out on the teeth. Not sure if this will give you enough bone. Here it is game season so we have plenty of pheasant, mallard and partridge at the butchers as well as rabbit and venison.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried ordering from Hare-Today.com? They have various bones for raw pet food use. MyPetCarnivore.com is another supplier.