Finding A Home For A Stray

WannabeCatLady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, my adventure with Poppy has been long, starting from the moment she showed up on my front porch, emaciated and weak. She is now a bright, playful adult cat. Unfortunately, she very much craves the outdoors, and her territory has been taken over by other, more aggressive cats. I play with her as my schedule allows, but I feel like I’m holding her back from the life she is used to and enjoys. The worst part is that I’m about to move into a smaller apartment, and my job is about go from part time to full time. I’ve struggled with the decision to keep her or find her a new home for months, and I feel like it would best to find her a home at a warehouse, a barn, or perhaps a family other kids. She loves people, and she LOVES kittens and kids. I think a warehouse or office would be best as she can have a large “territory” while working to control a mouse population and getting attention from the workers while at the same time. I’m just not sure how to go about finding such a home. Any suggestions at all would be welcome, even ones recommending how to let her safely be indoor/outdoor.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It would be hard to do until you move, and maybe not possible even at your new apartment; but a cat enclosure or catio would be wonderful for her. She could still be indoor and safe, but spend time outdoors and be safe then too. There are all kinds of enclosures/catios available - and likely one that would suit your situation. Look up both terms on the internet and you will see just how many there are that might work for you!!