FINALLY things are going better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Daniela, thank you so much.

Kassandra - I KNOW!!!! Again - I sent along a thick package of articles and stuff from TCS with Munchie (LITERALLY a how-to handbook, PERSONALIZED), we discussed it endlessly, and Gary spent over an hour and half with her at her home with Munchkin.

We have a very large dog crate that we used when we intro'd Munchie here, and Munch is such a tiny thing there was room for her own litter box, a place to sleep, a place for food and water, AND a place to play.

But obviously Linda didn't understand, and doesn't have the patience, despite all the discussions and the stuff we sent along to read. We told her it could literally be weeks, and we know people for whom it was months.

She gave it one and half days.

Well, if that's her level of tolerance, DESPITE everything we provided to her and all the talks we had, I'm NOT going to push the issue.

The hardest part of it all is not what I'm feeling, but what we've put these poor cats through.

I'm sick over the whole thing.

Just sick.

The worst part of it all is that I'm upset with Linda. I've lost my respect for her, and that just s*&Ks. And yet I can't let it affect our professional relationship.

The whole thing stinks, and I can't believe what we've done to these poor cats.

The poor, poor kitties.

I've GOT to talk Gary into having Munchie back in here.

The problem with the dog crate is that it is so big it doesn't really fit any where in our home. During the day we set it on the bed, and at night we moved it to in front of the door. It's so big it covers the whole stairwell (two steps down from living room to door).

Poor, poor kitties.

I'm so sick over all of this. I think I said that already.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just can't believe these people - ALL of them! Poor Munchie. You did what you could, Laurie. You'd think you can't go wrong with someone you know personally. The really sad thing is that more than likely, Munchie was just protecting herself since Sarah is the resident cat. God, 1 1/2 days?!? Ophelia didn't even come out of hiding when we moved in 1 1/2 days! What did she expect - for them to be best friends immediately? GRRRRR!

I'm so sorry this isn't working out for Munchie. Perhaps you can inquire and give more suggestions to Linda in a gentle way that won't seem like pushing the issue. I can attest to the fact that a declawed cat can live peacefully with a clawed cat, even be the Alpha.

wibble

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I am so sad to hear about your bad news about Munchie.

I really hope things work out for you and Munchie you both deserve it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, keep your fingers crossed! Things may be working out for the best! This is a different cousin!!!!!!

This is a married cousin, an older couple. (Linda's in her upper 40s with two grown children). This couple has no pets! It isn't the one with the dog! They're supposedly somewhat wealthy, and Linda's cousin is "falling in love" with Munchie. She hopes her hubby loves her too. She's already out and playing, and she thinks she's too cute.

She is! She's also silky soft, and if she could be a one-cat kitty in a home with someone essentially home all day (not working, anyway), I think she'd be in heaven.

Hopefully I'll find out more tonight.

Please Oh Please Oh Please Oh Please

(I've got to stop reacting so strongly to each little step along the way. Gheez - you stop practicing meditation for a couple of years and turn into an emotional roller coaster basket case!)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've all been on that rollercoaster with you Laurie! That does sound like a great place for little Munchie! She would definitely not have to compete for attention, and she's so cute I'm sure it won't take long for her to make the man of the house fall in love with her.

Fingers crossed for the little dear!

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Laurie, I hope this works out for the little sweetie. Even though she isn't our cat, I think most of us here are on that rollercoaster ride with you. We'll just keep hoping for the usual board magic.