Finally... Some Good News!! :-D

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I actually have so much good news I dont know where to start... Okay... let's start with the most exciting news of the day! I got tickets to see Dave Matthews Band, again!! December 9th at Madison Square Garden!!!
YAY

Okay.. that's first...

now... the other good news... as u all know, I've been waiting to start training for Front End Manager and I finally got my training manual last week... The reason I havent been around for a while... this is my first day off in a while that I've been able to stay home... I'm workin almost 45 hours this week... so yeah.. I figured out that Full Time Front End Managers in my store make around $700 a week... so I figured out my financial plan for the next year....

Ready.... here goes...

granted everything goes right.. I'll be back in the Bronx with my mom by Christmas and I'll have transferred to another store there.... My bills living with my mom shouldnt be more than $600 a month... so with one paycheck I'll pay my bills and I should be able to save about $2000 a month... the first 3 months I'll send my credit card bill $2k a month and that will pay off that debt... then I can start saving to go away... I should have enough money by May to take me and my mom on a cruise!... Then the following 8 months I'm just gonna bank the money every month and by next Christmas I should have almost $15k to move into and furnish an apartment! and as long as I'm making that much money I'll be able to pay my bills every month and hopefully I'll have enough for a car at some point... but that's definately not until after I move into my own place... then I'll just work and enjoy my life.. without anyone controlling me! :-D

So, how does that sound?? I could definately use some encouragement!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats. Its wonderfull when everything in life ..finally all starts falling into place..

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
oo OO OO oo oo OO Can I go can i go can i go (waves hands frantically in the air while jumping up and down!!!!!! Ya know my birthdays on the 10th of Dec that would be a awesome birthday gift hehehe.

Congrats on the training schedule I hope it works out for you (Isis is stalking my hands so if i mess up its HER fault)

At least you have some kind of plan Im still trying to figure out how im gonna pay rent this month!! I think its great that you have goals and are working to make those goals a reality BEST OF LUCK.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It took awhile but I finally have a plan and a good feeling that it will work out....

Now the dilemma! My uncle just got me tix for Dave LoL... now I have two sets LOL... but I havent paid for the tix I got on eBay yet so maybe the seller will give me a break...

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds like things are really going your way!!, I'm so happy for you!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Liza, I'm so happy for you
. Sounds like you are really setting up a reasonable financial plan and that is very mature and impressive!

There! Now that I said those nice things, can I go see DMB with you?
Just kidding! You deserve this

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its sounds like you have a really good financial plan. But to keep you on track can you try to write down your expenses-the ones that will nickel and dime your savings-that cup of Java at starbucks-the magazine at the checkout counter, etc....
Can you set up a 401K plan???? Its never too early to start!! Also automatic deduction from your checking account to savings??? Some banks have a 12 month CD that you can open with a small deposit and add to it every month. The interest rate may be better.
Also a Christmas Club account is a good way to pay those expenses in cash instead of using a credit card. How about transfering your credit card balance to a 0 percent apr
card??? When the credit card is paid off take it out of your wallet!!!
Tentatively check out cruise so you will know costs now-remember you have to tip like $10-$15/day per person per day on a cruise and booze isn't included!!
Have a good time at the concert!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww yay!

After seeing kats ship cruise pics, i so want to save up and go on one with a friend.

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ugaimes

Liza, I'm so happy for you
. Sounds like you are really setting up a reasonable financial plan and that is very mature and impressive!

There! Now that I said those nice things, can I go see DMB with you?
Just kidding! You deserve this
OMG AMY!! You're not gonna believe this!! I posted earlier that I have 2 pairs of tickets.... My friend Anthony just called me tonight and told me that he got a pair of tickets for us for the same night! Boxed seats!!! I'm like... OH NO!! I got tix already! I feel terrible... the only thing I can do is ask my uncle to get me tix for the 10th and sell the ones I have... and go with Anthony on the 9th and Adrian on the 10th... I would TOTALLY go both nights! LoL Hey!! If you wanna come!!!! LoL Take ur pick!! LOL

malakai711

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Its sounds like you have a really good financial plan. But to keep you on track can you try to write down your expenses-the ones that will nickel and dime your savings-that cup of Java at starbucks-the magazine at the checkout counter, etc....
Can you set up a 401K plan???? Its never too early to start!! Also automatic deduction from your checking account to savings??? Some banks have a 12 month CD that you can open with a small deposit and add to it every month. The interest rate may be better.
Also a Christmas Club account is a good way to pay those expenses in cash instead of using a credit card. How about transfering your credit card balance to a 0 percent apr
card??? When the credit card is paid off take it out of your wallet!!!
Tentatively check out cruise so you will know costs now-remember you have to tip like $10-$15/day per person per day on a cruise and booze isn't included!!
Have a good time at the concert!!
Gail, ur the best!! You have some awesome ideas.. I will definately be looking into a 401K and as far as my savings.. I have to wait until I'm in my apartment and I know exactly how much my expenses will be every month so I can decide what to put into savings... once I have the apartment the next thing to save for is a car and then after that I will just be putting the money in savings for whatever may come along... Once the credit card is paid off I will be closing the account or transferring it to one with a lower APR and then leaving it home as to not spend money on it... I just want to have it in case of emergency, like if something happens to my car or if Malakai has any vet bills.... things like that...

As far as the cruise is concerned, i'm looking into it now to get an idea and thanx for reminding me of tips... I totally didnt think of that!

If you have any other advice, please let me know! I can use the help!