Finally.....new Ragdoll Family Images!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Celestialrags.........What is the secret to getting BIG Ragdolls? I know that it has to be in the genes
Is there anything else that I can do on my part to help make them BIGGER?
It is mostly genes, the males I have used (and own) are big. They eat alot, LOL! I think I need to put Ares on a diet, and he's not quite 8 months
Really though, I have (what I concider) good food they eat Iams and really like it, I know there is better, but they really like the food, I really like the way they look too, it makes them look big and healthy. They have free choice dry food, and get wet, so good food will help to make sure they develpoe the way they should.
Mostly I just research the male and his lines to help determine that I can get the big cats that they are supposed to be, my males mother came from out of state, I chose him for his lines I saw kittens that were produced out of those lines, and many were HUGE.
So make sure he is healthy and has good food, and they will be as big as their genes allow (obviously, if the cat has genecics to be small, you can't make it bigger then nature intended, or you will just have an overweight cat, and that's not healthy of course)

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Was he weighed at the vets or some thing? I think brother Ares is bigger (he was any way) I bet he weighs about 12-12.5 He looks fluffier too (is he fluffier now then in his picture?) Ares is so much bigger then his mother, LOL! It's funny, since ares was about 4 months old I have had people Ask me how come that cat is pregnant at such a young age
(of course he isn't
or would any female either at that age) he is as big as his dad, just rounder
Oh, we have a digital scale that weighs in .5 pound increments. So, very unscientifically, I weighed myself, then held Smudge and weighed again. He is also pear-shaped - a bit large in the tummy! I've GOT to get some photos up!

Oh, and he's quite a bit fluffier now. His face is the typical male large-cheeked face. He's very sweet looking.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Aw, those kitties are so cute! As you can see I have a (seal mitted) Ragdoll kitten too. I think these guys have sort of a clownish personality, don't ya think?

Your blue mitted female is beautiful! How much do your kitties weigh? My Smudge-squared (Smudge2) is 11.5 pounds now. At not quite 8 months!
Nazumi is 9 months old and 12 lbs. And still very thin! He's gonna be huge because he keeps getting taller still. John keeps asking me if Im sure he isnt a baby Puma or something.